Lumia Icon
shoemakerbrian
Enthusiast - Level 1

So if Verizon has stop selling the Lumia Icon, Why? (And please hold off on the politically correct answer we get enough of that from our politicians, be the forward thinking company that got you were you are and give us the straight scoop.)

Since Verizon has stopped selling the Lumia Icon would it not reason that Maybe we should get our updates directly from Microsoft instead of Verizon, or at least work together as a team to get them sent out in a package with all device not select ones.

I have moved from an Android device to Windows and I would say except for the lack of apps these first couple of days have been more pleasant with a Windows based device, quick, easy and the items you need in a phone/smartphone.

I would be surprised to get honest responses to me question and comments above, but it would be nice.

Regards,

Brian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia Icon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello shoemakerbrian!

Please allow me to clarify this for you! Even if we no longer have a device in our current line-up, we still support it and work with the manufacturer on updates. We completely understand that not all of our customers have the newest devices, so if there's an update to your device, you will still get it!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Promises, promises.

They're meaningless at this point.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Doesn't Microsoft still sell it?  Thought I read somewhere that it's free with a contract.  Great phone.  Have loved mine since day 1 and even opted to put the Developer Preview on it.  Got friends who are envious.  Looking forward to February (as long as Denim in on my phone) in order to check out Windows 10.

0 Likes
D1fz
Contributor - Level 1

I don't care about the Lumia Icon update anymore. When I can get rid of the Lumia Icon I am. When I can get rid of Verizon I am.

0 Likes
hokiehi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really like the Icon and I'm running 8.1 with Black. I got the phone because it had great specs and because it was sold as going to be upgradeable to 8.1 when released. Now, nearly a year later, I'm still waiting for an official release. Did the phone work on 8? Yes. Was it as good as 8.1? Absolutely not. This is the second time going thru this with Verizon for  me. I got an htc resound on the promise of Android ICS and that took about 6 months after release from Google for Verizon to release it. Same silence from Verizon then, I don't care about getting 8.1 officially at this point, I just want the new firmware to make things run more smoothly.

I'm confident the delays are driven by trying to get all of Verizon's crapware to run on it.

Lesson here is to not be a sucker for Verizon's sales pitches ever again. Obviously, the only time they communicate is before the sale. I'm not buying the early 2015 stuff, either. Heard the same thing when I had Android.

shoemakerbrian
Enthusiast - Level 1

So no real answer to why the release of 8.1 was given for Lumia 822 and 928 but not for 929 (Icon). Like always wait for Verizon to get there crap together while others enjoy the new versions that have been out for months.

Short of resources not being allocated to staying on top of the industry and getting the reputation for continuously being behind the times and standing on an excuse that it is to keep a stable network is getting thin.

Stabilization begins with standardization, if you are running multiple versions of an operating system on a network you are getting farther away from standardization.

Regards,

Brian

grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

You'll never get a real answer from Verizon as is evidenced from month after month of either ignored, lied to, to told how much they love us.

Keep in mind that the 822 and 928 got Denim in name only. What they got, essentially, was an O/S update, pretty much identical to the one you could get through the Preview for Developer program.

The Icon will get major improvements and added features with Denim along with the O/S update to 8.1.1...if we do in fact get it.

erhman2004
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am betting on not getting it ever along with any other updates that Microsoft will put out over the next year.  The Icon will go down as the Windows Phone that could have been so much more, but Verizon would not let it live up to the full potential.