Lumia Icon battery dies half way through the day
csfbpbj

My wife has the Icon and we have gone to the windows store repeatedly and she was told that she would need to do a reset and try a few other things, but it still is dying halfway through the day in fact now it's starting to become one of those as soon as it's off the charger it it goes to about half in 20 mins. We then went again to the Verizon store, we were told that the new update was going to address this and to try shut off all battery hogging apps and background processes. Still nothing. So now just waiting on the update that's going to address this, but my wife is half tempted to give the phone up and go to a Samsung and not mess with this. Anybody else have this issue?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia Icon battery dies half way through the day
primortal
Master - Level 1

As usual the tech support at the Verizon Store are completely useless in regards to Windows Phone and don't know what they are talking about.

You have a defective device and need to get it replaced ASAP.

My Icon would last about a day to a day and and a half before charging with normal usage; 4 apps running in the background, emails, music, messaging and phone calls with installed Windows Phone 8.   With Windows Phone 8.1 I can get about 2+ days now.

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

FWIW my 822 will go about a week with only moderate usage.  I don't normally leave apps running but I do keep the WiFi running (it does eat the battery but I live with it) so I am not using data all the time.

0 Likes
a_danai
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have fast battery drain, random reboot and overheating problem with any Windows phone devices this not related to Windows 10 Mobile or any build. This is just because most of the Windows Phone devices are older than a year or two so the battery is expired.

Replacing the battery will fix fast battery drain, random reboot and overheating problem of Windows Phone. I had same problem, I replaced mine now I don't have any problem. I highly recommend you to replace your battery if you have same problem   .

0 Likes