Lumia Denim Update and Windows Phone 8.1.1 Now Availalble (2/11/2015)
primortal
Master - Level 1

Start your downloads!!!

Verizon and Microsoft finally released Denim and Windows Phone 8.1.1 today for the Lumia Icon.

Enjoy!

Source: Verizon Lumia Icon Denim update and 8.1.1 is now live over-the-air | Windows Central

If you like a fresh clean install; wiping all your data and starting from fresh you can follow the steps outlined here, http://www.windowscentral.com/denim-update-lumia-icon-software-recovery-tool

I went this route this morning and had no issues.  It requires a 1.62GB download in order to do so.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia Denim Update and Windows Phone 8.1.1 Now Availalble (2/11/2015)
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

What should the firmware number be with denim. My phone shows Lumia Denim on the Extras and Info, but Hey Cortana is not working nor can I see it on the settings screen. My firmware revision number is 1028.3566.1417.0047

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Here are the version numbers:

Firmware: 02540.00019.15024.38022

0 Likes
wishdragon

Try restarting the phone. I had to do a restart to finish installing updates.

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

I used the preview for developers to update the OS to 8.10.1429.341. When I check for updates it says that the phone is up to date. I have restarted the ohone and the firm ware is still the old version number. Will I need to use the Recovery Tool?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

It might have not propagated to all servers yet and there are some reports that possible those in the Preview for Developers Program are getting BSOD updating, The Denim update for my Lumia Icon killed the phone

Give it some time and see if the update gets to you or not.

Using the recovery tool will wipe your phone to factory defaults.  If you are fine with losing all your data and restoring, sure go with that.http://www.windowscentral.com/denim-update-lumia-icon-software-recovery-tool

0 Likes
wishdragon

I have PD and had no issues with a blue screen, maybe I was one of the lucky ones.

Not sure if region has anything to do with it, I am in Colorado and got the update shortly after 10 AM MST.

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

So I got it to find the update. I had to turn the Preview for Developers back on to get it to work.

0 Likes
MrGecko
Contributor - Level 1

Downloaded, installed, Enjoying. Rebooted a couple of times during the install. If you have Developer Preview, leave it on (checked) else you can't download the update.

"Hey, Cortana" is great! The camera features are really nice. SoftCard (formerly ISIS) installed but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I have not seen any battery drain issues.

Thanks Verizon! Better communication & and at least some interest in this platform would help sell Windows Phones. Windows 10 looks to be a game changer for PC & WP.

0 Likes