Re: Lumia Cyan with Windows Phone 8.1 roll-out starts today (7/15/2015)
Tidbits
Legend

I am going to avoid a psychology debate. It would be fun and all but it would detract me more so at work than I would really like.

0 Likes
Not applicable

iKnowPhones wrote:

I have gotten and understood every word of every one of your posts.  It’s YOU who has clung onto your repetitive point on how they aren’t obligated to do anything.  I understand that, most of us understands that.  We are just asking for some kind of update.  Not a confirmed date, not a theoretical date, not even a date at all, just some kind of update.  What part of that do YOU not understand?  It’s pretty ******* disgusting that you would side with the company when you don’t even understand the points your arguing against.

Just read the last paragraph you wrote. Start at "We are just asking....."

Verizon is not giving any information on the update, not giving any confirmed date, not any theoretical date, They are however "giving not even a date at all" (You are actually getting what you and others are complaining about).

The "some kind of update" is not even viable. If they are not giving you the updates you are even now still complaining about.

It is the initial complainers that do not know what they are complaining about. Think a moment here. The complaint is and still is " Where is our updates to the Cyan 8.x" "Why hasn't Verizon released the update yet"? Then when I pointed out updates are not guaranteed nor is the carriers obligated to do them or allow them etc. Going to the FCC is useless etc. I get the attack postures from the complainers.

Yes I can understand the stance you are all taking. However my not agreeing that this is the proper course of action and in many cases proving my statements where and when asked falls on angry blind eyes.

Others have pointed this situation out to the posters. And even Verizon in the few replies I have viewed are simply deflecting as sign up for the news letter, or saying they don't have it. (This is if you know or believe they have the updates or not) That is Verizon's official word. If you and I and the lamp post believe it or not. That is their official statement and stance. I don't tell the carrier what to say. I am thinking that the below poster made a good point.

bsites1968

[Quote]

Just a suggestion since nobody is being helped, it has led to arguments, and it has been redundant.  I think just the venting helps the complainers a bit...  But again, merely a suggestion.  Gotta love psychology, right?

[/Quote]

I am thinking no amount of posting either the continuous "where are the updates" and "Verizon does not have to give them" is doing no good. From either view point.

I just wait for any updates and when they come or if they don't arrive I will not have to be all upset about it.

I don't live my life for cellular device updates which in many cases do more harm than good.

Have a nice evening all

0 Likes
BlackDimension
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you don't live your life for cellular device updates, yet you can't seem to get through your head that we don't all feel or think the way you do and feel the incessant need to keep responding to nearly every comment relating to the Lumia Cyan update?

Also, thanks for the insight into your perspective of "which in many cases do more harm than good."  Yet again we do not agree with you in the context of this discussion, and you either have NO clue about what is included in this update or what it means to the users that will be impacted by it, or you're just troll that gets a high out of this nonsensical arguing your high and mighty perspective on this topic.

You can tell us all day that posting on these forums does nothing, filing FCC complaints does nothing, calling and complaining does nothing, that silence is golden, companies don't communicate things to protect themselves from being held liable, etc. etc. etc.  Do you feel the same way about people voicing their complaints and opinions in all other areas of life?

My gosh.

0 Likes
iKnowPhones
Contributor - Level 1

Just read the last paragraph you wrote. Start at "We are just asking....."

Verizon is not giving any information on the update, not giving any confirmed date, not any theoretical date, They are however "giving not even a date at all" (You are actually getting what you and others are complaining about).”

SMH you still aren’t getting my point at all. When I said we’re not asking for a date at all, I mean an acknowledgment of the update does not mean they have to commit to any kind of date for releasing the update. NO I am not getting what I want, you obviously don’t have a fucking clue what I want, so how can you make any such claims?

“The "some kind of update" is not even viable. If they are not giving you the updates you are even now still complaining about.”

What the fuck is this even supposed to mean? I just would like SOME KIND OF UPDATE. ANYTHING, even a simple “we’re looking into it”. THAT IS ALL.

The people complaining we haven’t received the update have every right to complain. I know what I’ve been complaining about and continue to complain about. I understand pointing out how Verizon isn’t obligated to release the update makes sense to those who are trying to use the FCC to push Verizon. However it adds NOTHING to the conversation with the rest of us who already know they aren’t obligated to do a thing.

“Yes I can understand the stance you are all taking. However my not agreeing that this is the proper course of action and in many cases proving my statements where and when asked falls on angry blind eyes.”

No, you don’t understand the stance I’m taking. I think they are doing a piss poor job not communicating anything to the consumers who are directly asking them and you keep repeating they aren’t obligated to release the update. I know they aren’t obligated to release the update, but after being silent for so long, it would be nice for them to say something, especially when directly asked about it. I’m saying one thing, you’re addressing something entirely different. That is what you don’t fucking understand.

0 Likes
sethen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I keep asking myself why a person who is not invested in the platform would put so much energy into trying to prove everyone wrong aboout this and I can only come up with one answer.  You are either mentally disabled, senile, or really pushy.

I have been lurking and watching these threads over the past few days out of curiosity.  I have posted very little.  I have also noticed that you seem to be doing this in pretty much EVERY thread on this subject and you've achieved nothing positive from it (and never will).  Let it go.  You will not change anyones mind.  In fact, you are only reassuring us that you are a jerk.  You have said several times that you use an iPhone yet you have unlimited time to follow all of the Cyan threads and argue with every single person.  Please tell me you get paid to do this, otherwise that's just sad.

Even for those of us who don't really post you're being obnoxious.  I get probably 40 or 50 updates in my email per day.  Most of them are directly related to your pointless and repetitive banter.  You're not contributing anything of value in many different forums.  Granted, there are a lot of people who complain, etc...but at least they don't do it every 10 minutes all...day...long.  Stop spamming us with idiocy and just go away or keep it to yourself.  We all know how you feel, we just don't care.

Nobody came here to debate you, including myself.  While you're sitting there and penning your next masterpiece in response to me please keep this in mind.  I'm not going to respond to you because I don't want to act like an idiot in the same way you have been and clog up the forum even worse.  If you want anyone to give you even an ounce of credibility just do yourself a favor and stop acting like an idiot. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do you feel the same way about people voicing their complaints and opinions in all other areas of life?

My gosh.

Let me answer you first. No I don't care about any complaining. I do however know that if you do complain you do it the right way. First tell me what has all the complaints done up to now. Zilch

Secondly, it would seem because you have exercised your rights to post and complain my posts don't matter and the ones who keep saying just go away etc. Are hypocrites. You have rights and I don't.

Just by the posts back to me prove that nothing any of you say is going to get you anything. But post away.

0 Likes
Not applicable

[Quote]

The people complaining we haven’t received the update have every right to complain.  I know what I’ve been complaining about and continue to complain about.  I understand pointing out how Verizon isn’t obligated to release the update makes sense to those who are trying to use the FCC to push Verizon.  However it adds NOTHING to the conversation with the rest of us who already know they aren’t obligated to do a thing.

“Yes I can understand the stance you are all taking. However my not agreeing that this is the proper course of action and in many cases proving my statements where and when asked falls on angry blind eyes.”

[/quote]

If you know nothing is coming of the complaining where is that being productive? I can complain about the price of gas, yet that isn't going to make it cheaper. Like most people that start campaigns of complaints, eventually the credibility of the complaint is just labeled as "ignore" or worse. But hey keep on complaining.

You guys make my posts more credible with each attack on me and others that don't share your views.

0 Likes
iKnowPhones
Contributor - Level 1

I was going to go on about your lack of comprehension and how this is a discussion forum where we are trying to discuss Verizon's piss poor handling of the update roll out but it's pointless. Much like sethen has said, I'm done replying or trying to reason with you. I also hope you're getting paid for your ignorant posting, if not you're one pathetic person.

Have fun missing the point of yet another post, I won't be wasting anymore time conversing with you.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
BlackDimension
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Sethen.  I and I would guess most others in this discussion couldn't agree with you more.  Don't you love how the next "masterpiece" in responses sure enough did come promptly?  To add to your comments, I would also say a very special kind of TROLL comes to mind.  Not the typical troll that posts ridiculous unfounded comments to get everyone in a tizzy, but the type of troll who appears to be a well educated, superiority complex individual.  Troll with a doctorate in "forum trolling".

HRMitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I now see clearly what the entire problem is...

Lumia Cyan with Windows Phone 8.1 roll-out starts today (7/15/2015)"

We've been reading a post from the future.