Re: Lumia Cyan with Windows Phone 8.1 roll-out starts today (7/15/2015)
iKnowPhones
Contributor - Level 1

You can give a status update, or even acknowledge the update exists, without committing to a specific release date.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Michael F. Skiles, Help Desk Analyst | Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP | 41 S High St Suites 2800-3200 | Columbus, OH 43215

Direct: 614-227-1905 | Fax: 614-227-2100 | Toll Free: 800-533-2794 | mskiles@porterwright.com

porterwright

0 Likes
Not applicable

[Quote]

You can give a status update, or even acknowledge the update exists, without committing to a specific release date.

[/Quote]

You are missing my meaning Smiley Happy

A corporation can not even give anything like you are saying.

It places a company under fire say if the updates never get sent out.

Its always best to stay absolutely silent.

Silence is golden. Very good rule.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Silence, at least in this type of situation, is not always "golden".  A simple statement, even once every couple of weeks to the effect of "We have heard your voice.  We are still working on the Cyan update.  We want to make sure it is flawless for our dedicated users.  We hope to have it released this quarter."  Or this month...or whatever...would be better than silence.  Sincere communication is all it takes to quell some people, even if it is a platitude such as above.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Microsoft (a corporation) has no problems stating Windows 10 will be released late next year, and that a large scale OS

A simple, Windows Phone 8.1 with Cyan will be released tentatively in the 4th Quarter 2014 is good enough and if it's missed an simple statement with the new ETA would suffice.

In this day in age, staying absolutely silent is a death sentence.

iKnowPhones
Contributor - Level 1

I’m not missing your meaning, I just don’t agree with it.

It’s true that silence is golden, but when we have people from tweeting from other carriers regarding the updates, silence goes out the window. It only makes them look back when other carriers will acknowledge the update exists. When there is info out there for people to see, silence is not the way to go. You will only piss off your customer base by doing that.

There are phones out there now with the Denim update officially out, there is absolutely no excuse for them to take this long on releasing the Cyan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

My friend Microsoft is sending out the information to produce interest and sales. Windows 10 is like the other hyped up fan fare Microsoft is famous for.

Big difference in a cell provider.

If you note cell carriers make a big hoop de doo about new coverages and or services VoLTE and WiFi Calling in 2015 etc.

Saying an update to the device from any OS developer/maker is not ground breaking news worthy of even a rumor.

You can see all those commercials about the new device coming in November and the new device is December. It generates interest in the devices themselves not any OS updates.

They don't care that should be obvious to all by now.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Actually, when the update adds features, such as Cortana, to a device, it's BIG news and should be trumpeted by the carrier.  Granted, I have that with the preview, but Cyan adds to the feature set, too.

0 Likes
Not applicable

But I understand you don't have to agree.

However, if you have read just a few new posts where Windows Phone Users are saying "Come on Verizon, every other carrier has pushed it out" ( No one has other than AT&T so that is absolutely false information from those posters)

Now you have people posting I spoke to King Kong a Verizon Executive and he/she tells me it is this department or that department holding up the update.

You also have others saying Ms./Mr. Big Verizon Executive stated to me that yes we have the update but have no idea when it will be released.

You also have the same in reverse.

One poster is claiming Verizon told him/her that no they no longer have it since it failed and was sent back to the device maker etc.

This and other posts are simply not accurate, and if just one of them is; think which one it would be?

There is no official word. Period. Speculation and anger over what is and is not said. Why work yourself up over it?

I would not believe any of these I spoke posts until like I normally see the announcement on Google + yeah they post it there and on Twitter first. Go figure?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

They can easily put the update status in the newsletter they keep peddling around here.  We're not asking for a commercial, jeesh.

It's is pretty clear they don't care.  But the people who make them their wonderful quarterly profits do care and a very simple thing of communicating goes a long way with customers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The newsletter is what Verizon peddles in their replies and the same complainers are saying that is not enough. You cannot have it both ways.

Windows Phone like Blackberry devices make no huge profits to Verizon's bottom line. Just read the web for the percentage is in contrast to Android and iOS devices.

Like I said earlier, I personally would say nothing on any updates. Unless they were actually being pushed out, right then and there.

Verizon sells a service of connectivity to the cellular and data network. That does not include updates.

0 Likes