Lumia 950 and 950 XL (or some variant)
genegh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just contacted Verizon and was told the following

I show that we are going to get the phones but there is not a release date yet.

[Full chat transcript removed as per Verizon Wireless Terms of Service ]

So it looks promising that something will be happening soon.  When?  We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks Verizon for not making me leave for AT&T.

Labels (1)
Re: Lumia 950 and 950 XL (or some variant)
primortal
Master - Level 1

Take this with a small grain of salt.  I've lost count of how many times via chat or actually speaking with support that they tell misleading information.  We just have to wait for an official response from VZW or Microsoft.

Tidbits
Legend

The rep said the truth, but people are putting specifics when the rep speaks general terms.

Yes Verizon is getting phones with no release dates. What phones are there? You may be talking specifically windows phone but that response sounds in general.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like Primo says. I don't understand why people always ask the lowest of the totem pole for information. They'll always be last to know and they never know about any new devices UNTIL they get training on it. If they get training on it there would be a press release about the product.

0 Likes
genegh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolutely correct primortal and Tidbits!

I was just wanting to point out something promising (never wanted to imply this as fact).  One thing I didn't post of the original conversation was the part that specifically called out Lumia 950 and 950 XL.

Thanks,

Gene

0 Likes
sonkel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am a long time Verizon customer and very much would like to see Verizon truly support WPs. If they don't come out with something this fall (either the Lumia 950 or something akin to it), I will be switching carriers.

tiggerddw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am a long time Verizon that will move to ATT if a 900 or 1000 series Windows phone is not carried on Verizon.  I have carried a Windows phone since the first windows 7 phone Verizon offered. I do not want to give 5 lines to ATT

JBass3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even if Verizon chooses not to sell these awsome looking phones directly in-store does this ruleout using an unlocked version on their network.  Lumia 928

genegh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some interesting news from ZDnet.com.  Here's what I walked away with:

• AT&T has no exclusive deal regarding the Lumia 950 and 950 XL
  • AT&T is only reporting plans to carry the 950 right now
  • Microsoft may have purposely not provided carrier details during the event because they don't know who will or won't carry the phones

So my guess is that Verizon will play the "wait-and-see" game, watching AT&T's adoption rate before deciding to jump in.  The only way I see Verizon carrying one or both phones, is if Microsoft ponies up some money (or other incentive) in exchange for getting Verizon on board.

All of us Windows fans just don't provide enough of an economic incentive to get Verizon help us out.Smiley Sad

Source:  If Microsoft builds it, will carriers come? Not for the Lumia 950 and 950 XL | ZDNet

sinatra_33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am a long tim VZW member, over a decade. However, if they do not provide me with a newer WP soon, I am switching carriers. This is ridiculous. I don't want to be 'pushed' to an iphone. I can do everything with my (nokia) lumia phone..then it broke and I had to get a htc which sucks. The camera is not at all good or comparable to what I had. Smiley Sad I hope they announce it soon.. I'm due for an upgrade!!!