Lumia 928 - who's in?
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

With the announcement of the Lumia 928 all but guaranteed for this week, possibly available for purchase the next, I'll be hovering over the "Buy Now" very soon.

My HTC 8X has a fantastic camera, but it fails miserably in low light.  Pairing a xenon flash with the already excellent 920 camera to create the 928 should solve this nicely.  I'm just wondering if I should wait for the rumored aluminum cased Nokia with a possibly 41MP camera.

Anyone else committed to the 928? I'll see if I have the willpower to wait for the first price drop this time around.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 928 - who's in?
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'm going to wait and see what the "EOS" has to offer before I decide if I should get the 928 or not.  Right now I have the 822 and I'm pretty happy with it.

Sad that VZW cannot trump AT&T for the exclusive on the "EOS".  If AT&T gets the exclusive on it (which is most likely) we won't see it here for at least 6 months.

_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

too late already in a contract with the 8x       

0 Likes
Trekka
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW needs to get moving on this, my Droid X was a pile O crap from the start and I'm well past my upgrade date.  Get this phone released already Verizon! That $20 bucks a month extra you steal from me for a subsidized phone needs to be put to good use.

Y2kmached
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a droid2 phone from 2 1/2 years ago. It wigs out and I've been looking at phones for 3 months. Was considering a Droid Maxx HD...but I'm ready for a real change. I love MS and sounds like it will be very compatible with office products I already use for work and home - including OneNote.

I was praying this would be released last month in time for a week long, but nope....still no release date. I'm committed to wait.

markv11
Enthusiast - Level 3

And for the daily rumor mill:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/05/06/nokia-to-announce-lumia-925-and-lumia-928-on-may-14/

Leave it to Verizon to debut a 6month old phone that's actually worse than its predecessor (half the storage as the 920)? 

Isn't it bad enough the HTC One destroys the DNA?  Maybe next year their Iphone will be 8GB's! 

0 Likes
Tim_B
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are sitting on 3 upgrades and are ready to upgrade accounts (even tho it means giving up unlimited data).  We are taking the whole family to WinPhone8. My wife and I are in for two 928's and one of the kids gets an 822. The rumor mill has been killing us for months - just release it so we can give you our money!!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Most likely will have to wait for Nokia's press conference next week, 5/14.

Tim_B
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife is in the same boat as Y2Kmached - She has a Droid2 that likes to reboot at the worst possible moment, among many other annoying quirks.  I have a Droid x2 that is in the early stages of dementia.  And we're both stuck on versions of android in the 2.3.xx range.  I think my x2 got one official update.  I understand the life cycle of phones is shorter than PC's but our phones got virtually no continued support.  We are ready to move on from android.  I am impressed with WinPhone.  The OS was easy to pick up and navigate, and this will allow us to approach unifying all the devices in the house. The tease on this phone has been brutal.  If I hadn't seen and coveted the 920, and if my first cell wasn't a Nokia, we would have gone with the 8x. I am committed to seeing where this leads.  Hopefully the 928 lands with a boom rather than a plop.   

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I'm in - it'll be my third day one Windows Phone, unless they only release black and white.  I want a splash of color this time around, so if they don't release cyan or red on day one, I'm going to HOPE that I can be patient enough to hang on to the 822 until they do.

0 Likes