Lumia 928 Content Sync Issues
shutout33

I just got a replacement 928 and I am trying to resync my contacts and content through Backup Assistant Plus.  I tried doing it on the phone but after I accept the Terms and Conditions I get an error saying "sorry, there was a problem accessing Backup Assistant Plus.  Please try again later." I then get a text with my pin saying I will need it.  I tried going from both my phone and computer and syncing that way but while I can see all of my contacts nothing the loading bar just sits there in sync mode.  Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lumia 928 Content Sync Issues
AlastorX50
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shutout33,

I would be lost without my contacts. As I don't know anyones number. So let's make sure we can get all of your contacts back into the phone. Have you been able to power the device off all the way and then pull the sim card from the phone? You can leave the sim card out for 5-10 seconds then place it back in and power the device back up. Once your device is back up and running I would suggest turning off wi-fi on the phone if it's on. Then go into Backup Assistant Plus and re-sync. If the contacts sync over then go back into the settings and turn your wi-fi back on. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
patholden1

I have been to Verizon to get my new Lumia 928 restored from the previous Lumia 928.  I keep getting Sync error messages texted to me from 6200 saying I need to enter my PIN.  There is no way to set the backup assistant plus up on the Lumia 928 to enter the PIN.  So how can I get my data a) up to the backup assistant from old phone and b) restored to new phone?  I have 2 days left to get the old phone back to Verizon.  I'm really aggravated.  I"ve already been the Verizon store to get help,  nobody there knows how to deal with Windows Phones.

0 Likes
AlastorX50
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have a Microsoft account setup on Windows phone your contacts should be backed up and restored on the device.

Learn about Windows Phone backup | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Restore a backup to my phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

0 Likes