Lumia 822 SIM compatibility
bw5500

will the sim from my Lumia 822 work in a Lumia 928 or Icon 929 or any other windows phones? looking for a used unit to replace the 822 since Verizon is not supporting the 950 and prefer to not leave verizon after over 20 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lumia 822 SIM compatibility
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as the phones use the same size SIM card, you can just switch the card from phone to phone.  The 822 and 928 use a micro SIM card; the Icon uses a nano SIM card.  You also could get the phone you prefer and if it uses a nano sized card, get a replacement SIM card free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service (and you could then use that nano sized SIM card in any phone if you get a SIM card adapter from somewhere like Amazon).

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as the phones use the same size SIM card, you can just switch the card from phone to phone.  The 822 and 928 use a micro SIM card; the Icon uses a nano SIM card.  You also could get the phone you prefer and if it uses a nano sized card, get a replacement SIM card free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service (and you could then use that nano sized SIM card in any phone if you get a SIM card adapter from somewhere like Amazon).

bw5500

thank you, I am replacing with a used 822 I found available reasonably, and will try to net in touch with customer service (impossible) about a nano Sim to upgrade to a 929.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Purchase an adapter from Amazon first. With the adapter in hand, go to a corporate store and request a nano SIM card for your current phone to future proof the SIM card. They will activate it in the store and you can use the SIM card with adapter in your 822. If they say no they can't do it, walk out of the store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you up and running as quickly as possible, bw5500! Thank you to the Community for pointing us in the right direction! Were you able to successfully order a SIM card?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bw5500

thank you Ann154, I will get the nano adapter, and new card.

0 Likes