Lumia 822 No Longer works in Mexico?
buriarte

I've had Verizon's "Mexico" plan for several years now and I recently received a letter from Verizon saying that CDMA is being phased out in Mexico.  I called them up and was told that the Lumia 822 was considered a world phone and that I should not have any issues when traveling in Mexico.

Well, not quite, about 2 weeks ago my phone would display "No Service" while traveling in Tijuana, Mexico.  At first I though it might be the phone so I eventually switched over to my other Lumia 822 which I keep as backup and same result, "No Service".

Alas, I've had a Windows phone for several years now, my previous one was the HTC Trophy, thinking of going with the Galaxy S5, I'm thinking that is a "World Phone"....

Anyone else have issues in Mexico?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 822 No Longer works in Mexico?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We regret to learn you experienced service issues while traveling, buriarte. We have verified that CDMA service is available in Mexico http://vz.to/1aGvDAs We want to help get to the bottom of these service issues. Are you still in Tijuana? Any changes to the settings of your device? Any other Verizon Wireless users experiencing the same issues?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Lumia 822 No Longer works in Mexico?
buriarte

No, your answer did not help in my scenario.  I went to a Verizon store yesterday and was able to get help from one of the store clerks, she looked at my account and instantly knew what was wrong.  She mentioned something about a setting for "Global Mode" not being set for my account.  I'm a bit confused how this was never mentioned with anyone that I spoke to when dialing *611 from my phone.  I was even transferred to higher tier tech support and not a one mentioned this setting.

My phone is now working in Mexico and I'm dissapointed by the lack of technical skills with the technicians that I did speak to.

0 Likes