Re: Lumia 735 Windows 10 Update Thread
zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

and firmware version

0 Likes
Stranger612
Enthusiast - Level 3

The insider upgrade takes about 2 hours and for me some personal selection changes. Nice to have ..... finally.

zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Too many warnings including loss of phone service, etc. to make the jump on my only phone.  I will wait until Verizon and Microsoft sort it out and send it as an update.  I would like to know about how long that will be though

0 Likes
Stranger612
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can always down load the MS recovery tool.

0 Likes
Stranger612
Enthusiast - Level 3

Download the MS recovery tool for your phone to your home PC and then on your phone download the WM 10 insiders update. You just might like it!

0 Likes
mmitt

I agree with Warcrysis.   I'm fed up with Verizon not supporting Windows phone.  Over the past 20 years I have paid a lot of money to Verizon & Verizon Wireless.  I'm switching to AT&T if they don't come out with the update soon for the 735.   I'll change my wireless internet node and disconnect my landline too.   Yes, I could do the insider update, but why should I use a work around for service I'm paying for.  Enough is enough, just push the update out and stop the delay.  Also, Verizon  wants additional $ for premium voicemail.  Since I have standard voicemail, I have to manually sync to get voicemail so I never know when I've missed calls, which is frequently with the sporadic service I get.  Finally, I will update to the new Windows phones when they are released later this year, so I may as well switch carriers now.

0 Likes
zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Lumia 735 and I had the same problem with voicemail.  I contacted Verizon and a tech made a change (I think turning off Visual Voice Mail) and now I know when I have a message it shows on the phone Icon.  If you click the phone icon down at the bottom left of the screen there is an icon that shows how many.  It is a little small but it is there.  I am guessing it is Microsoft and not Verizon which determines the order of which phones and carriers get what and when as far as Windows 10 mobile.

0 Likes
zock01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is Microsoft's response from their insiders forum to me:

Hello Drew,

Thank you for your response.

The updates are released phase by phase and it will be available soon on all the devices which are supported by Windows 10.

Keep us posted to help you better.

0 Likes
groadyho
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know about that- friends and family who have att and different windows phones have already got the update-- it's on Verizon to push the update--I had att for 7 yrs. with windows phones and one thing I can say updates always came fast. After 6 mos. with Verizon i'm learning updates are slow and wp doesn't matter here.

dellkeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

so what's is the problem.  Just release the software!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes