Lumia 735 SD Card Issue
CYBERCAT70

Periodically I get a message stating that a new SD card has been found - when this happens, I lose all apps, photos, etc. that is stored on the SD card. How can I keep this from happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lumia 735 SD Card Issue
Jmthomas1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would try removing and reinserting your SD card, then let the phone format it itself.  If that doesn't solve the problem, try another SD card.

I have had that happen before with other SD card makes, so I always use Samsung micro-SD cards, and no, they don't burst into flames.  Best cards I have used for the last 2 or 3 years.

0 Likes
CYBERCAT70

Well, looks like I need to buy a new SD card.. took the old one out, reinserted it, restarted the phone, and reinstalled apps. Now getting a message that something is wrong with the SD card. In spite of that, I'm getting notifications from Facebook, which is installed on the SD card, but I can't open the program without getting that error message. Same with other apps that I installed to the SD card!

0 Likes
CYBERCAT70

Purchased a new Samsung SD card. After replacing the old card, the phone found the new SD card and asked me to select my preferences for it, which I did. I then reinstalled Facebook to the SD card. It shows it installed, but I cannot open it. I powered the phone down, then back up, but still can't use it. I then attempted to reinstall Gas Buddy. It is stuck on "Working" and has been for more than an hour. It appears there is more to this problem!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I rely on my SD cardto back up important pictures, so I can definitely see why this would be a cause for concern. Have you tried the new SD card in any other phones or in a laptop to see if it functions normally?

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why is it necessary to install the applications on the SD card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes