Lost email and texting capability
dhamilton

Last week I lost the ability to send or receive email and text messages. I went to a local Verizon store. They listened to my explanation of the problem then immediately put me on a land line call to tech support. I went through two technicians without a solution. I eventually had to leave and get back to work. I went all weekend mad about the situation. I finally sat down Monday and resolved the problem myself. I deleted my email account and installed the information anew. Everything works great again. My only issue is that the local store attendant just stuck me on a long distance technician line and left me hanging.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost email and texting capability
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

dhamilton wrote:

Last week I lost the ability to send or receive email and text messages. I went to a local Verizon store. They listened to my explanation of the problem then immediately put me on a land line call to tech support. I went through two technicians without a solution. I eventually had to leave and get back to work. I went all weekend mad about the situation. I finally sat down Monday and resolved the problem myself. I deleted my email account and installed the information anew. Everything works great again. My only issue is that the local store attendant just stuck me on a long distance technician line and left me hanging.

This doesn't surprise me.  Verizon has shunned Windows Phone from day one, so I'm not the least surprised that the store employees don't know how to troubleshoot with you.  In their defense, though, it might make a difference if it was a corporate store vs. a franchise.  Just a thought.  Not sure if true or not.

0 Likes
Re: Lost email and messaging capability
dhamilton

Corporate Store. Update.Email and messaging worked all week until Friday. Just like last week. I am not sure what is up with my phone not working on the weekends! Tried deleting email account and reinstalling (like last week) but no solution.

0 Likes
Re: Lost email and texting capability
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

the lack of VZW support for WP7 that was evident from the day that the Verizon CTO said they weren't interested in WP7. I saw it coming then. Just walk in to any VZW store and ask about the Trophy; the reps give you a one-word answer and walk away - they could care less. If you post a question about a Droid you get a response before day's end, though.

Alas this is something we'll be dealing with until VZW realizes the revolution that's been started by WindowsPhone. Nokia's new hardware is going to blow everything out of the water and rumor has it VZW is going to be getting one. For now my recommendation for anybody w/ a windows phone (on any carrier) is to search & participate on useful forums like WPCentral, WMPowerUser, etc.

When I walk in to a VZW store and ask about HTC Trophy Accessories and am met with anything but "we don't have any *poof*" I'll change my post.

If anybody has any question about WindowPhone or the HTC Trophy please just contact me directly via these boards and I will help you out in record time (compared to VZW :smileywink:)

B

0 Likes