Linking Twitter
hogs518

Does anyone know how to link your twitter account with your phone? Like so that whenever you click on the "ME" app, and you can click to "share a quick message" and either post it to facebook or windows live, how do I get Twitter to show up there also? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Linking Twitter
gragacia
0 Likes
hogs518

Darn. Thanks.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Correct - Twitter (and LinkedIn) integration comes with Mango.  MoTweets is a good app, and it has both a free (ad supported) version and a paid version, so take your pick.  It supports multiple accounts as well.

0 Likes
finding_remo21

Yeah, at the moment it isn't built in, but it is coming in Mango.

I haven't personally tried it yet, but I'd recommend looking into some way of linking your Twitter with either your Facebook or Windows Live accounts so that when you post to one or the other, it will also be tweeted. I know that there's a roudabout way that you can actually have tweets come into your "What's New" feed in a similar matter by linking Twitter with your Windows LIve feed so it might work the other way around.

For now, I'd suggest Beezz for a Twitter client. It supports live tiles and toast notifcations which is pretty nice. It's fairly smooth too.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

finding_remo21 wrote:

Yeah, at the moment it isn't built in, but it is coming in Mango.

I haven't personally tried it yet, but I'd recommend looking into some way of linking your Twitter with either your Facebook or Windows Live accounts so that when you post to one or the other, it will also be tweeted. I know that there's a roudabout way that you can actually have tweets come into your "What's New" feed in a similar matter by linking Twitter with your Windows LIve feed so it might work the other way around.

For now, I'd suggest Beezz for a Twitter client. It supports live tiles and toast notifcations which is pretty nice. It's fairly smooth too.

There are a couple ways of having tweets show up in your facebook feed.  First, if you link your accounts, you can add #fb to any tweet and it will show up on your facebook.  I think there was a setting in twitter that enabled this.  That works if you tweet with a text message, as well as other ways.  Second, if you use MoTweets, you can set your prefs so that anytime you tweet from that app, it will send to facebook as well.  You can also turn that function off for individual tweets, with just a switch before you click send. 

If there are more ways, I haven't used them, but these are the two that I use.

0 Likes