LUMINA 950XL be used on VERIZON
bfloyd4445

can this phone hook up to verizons network?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LUMINA 950XL be used on VERIZON
primortal
Master - Level 1

Nope, it's missing the bands for CDMA.

If Microsoft had enabled them they could have sold them unlocked but for what ever reason they didn't.

If it were it would be all over the tech sites claiming it works on VZW's network.

0 Likes
bfloyd4445

No it isnt according to the specs for the phone. It has all the bands that the Lumina 735 a verizon phone has so it should work. I talked to Microsoft regarding this issue and they said it was up to Verizon to decide if they wished to allow the phone or not. Verizon just dosen't want to allow any phones on there network that they don't provide!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . WCDMA and CDMA are two different things. It will not work period. It didn't even pass the FCC with CDMA radios active which is a DEAD giveaway it doesn't support CDMA.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

For it to work these things have to happen.

MS has to activate CDMA and in turn have to pay Qualcomm for licensing and testing by them

MS then has to take the device again through the FCC and pass their testing for CDMA.

Then have to activate band 13 on LTE(doesn't support) and pass that through the FCC testing AND Verizon certification.

Then MS could start selling on that will work on Verizon. So first get MS to do their leg work.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Microsoft is lying to you. You can activate any phone you wish regardless of where you purchased it as long as it uses compatible technologies. In addition to a section of the website where users can check equipment compatability Verizon also has the open development site to certify additional devices sold elsewhere to operate on the network.

Verizon's network uses CDMA technology, with 1x/EVDO protocol at 850mhz, PCS at 1900mhz band 1 for 1x/EVDO, and LTE at 700mhz band 13, none of which are accessible by the hardware Microsoft installed and configured on the 950xl if you take a look at all the specifications.

mama23dogs
Legend

bfloyd4445 wrote:

No it isnt according to the specs for the phone. It has all the bands that the Lumina 735 a verizon phone has so it should work. I talked to Microsoft regarding this issue and they said it was up to Verizon to decide if they wished to allow the phone or not. Verizon just dosen't want to allow any phones on there network that they don't provide!

Nonsense.   Both my son and I are using Nexus 6p, purchased from Google.  There are several people using moto x style pure edition, Nexus 6p or 5x on Verizon.  The have CDMA bands and are working great.