It's almost March. Where is the Lumia 922?
avxflyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been so frustrating waiting for the Nokia Lumia 922 on Verizon.  Is there any news on this product other than rumors from September of last year for a November 2012 release?  How about some information?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: It's almost March. Where is the Lumia 922?
primortal
Master - Level 1

If anything we'll hear something next week at the Mobile World Congress.  Nokia is suppose to announce new phones there.

0 Likes
Not applicable

at&t has exclusive rights until May.

0 Likes
markv11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but what I'm reading on Cnet this morning does not look very promising: a bunch of low-end Luminas unveiled at the MWC. 

Too bad.  As Verizon butchered the HTC's by giving us the DNA instead of the One which looks awesome, there are officially no high-end options on their network for anyone who wants to be different from the Iphone&Samsung fanboys.   

0 Likes
Not applicable

markv11 wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but what I'm reading on Cnet this morning does not look very promising: a bunch of low-end Luminas unveiled at the MWC. 

Too bad.  As Verizon butchered the HTC's by giving us the DNA instead of the One which looks awesome, there are officially no high-end options on their network for anyone who wants to be different from the Iphone&Samsung fanboys.   

Those aren't for the US. Just chill.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Engadget posted a mystery device (RM-860) that's heading to VZW.  They are not sure if its a high-end device or a low-end device.  Nokia did mention VZW is getting a high end device, just no mention when.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Its most likely the 920 variant for VZ

0 Likes
Durn
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's high end.  They have confirmed it will come with HD display.  It will have a 1280 x 768 res.  So it's the 920 variant, which I'm fine with, I just want to buy it.... so release it Verizon!

0 Likes
markv11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Disappointing if the specs are going to be virtually identical.  I really wanted one of these but I'm afraid this ship will have sailed for me by the time it comes out, it will be what 7-8 months old; it will be that much more dated halfway thru a contract in June '14. 

0 Likes
Durn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know Verizon, we're still waiting to hear about these exciting things from you guys.... patiently waiting.....  throw us a bone please. 

'According to Nokia CEO Stephen Elop, that could change soon. Speaking with CNET, Elop said that he is pleased that Nokia has restarted its "relationship with Verizon," adding that the Finnish manufacturer is "planning a lot of exciting things with Verizon as well."'

0 Likes