Is there any way to"separate" the controls for the ringer volume from the media volume?
bettylou64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Lumia 822 phone & am have an issue with the volume control.  I have to turn the volume up so I can hear the phone ringing, but then as soon as I answer it, I have to quick turn it back down again, so the person speaking isn't blasting my ear drums out.  It is so loud, it's like the person is on speaker phone, but they are not.  Smiley Sad  I have the same issue after using the media apps too.  If I forget to turn the volume back up, I cannot hear the phone ringing.  I have missed many calls, with the phone sitting right beside me, because of this problem.  Is there any way to separate these controls??

Thanks for any hints or help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any way to"separate" the controls for the ringer volume from the media volume?
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

The volume for in-call is by default separate than the volume for ringer/media

The In-call volume can only go up to 10/10.  The Ringer/music volume can go up 30/30.

So when you are in a phone call, lower the volume to about 7 or 8. The in-call volume can only be accessed when you are in a phone call. Changing the in-call volume should have no affect your ringer/media volume.

However if you change your media volume it will change your ringer volume since 1 volume setting is used for both. To avoid miss calls, you can try to add the option of vibrate on your phone. You will find that at settings > ringers and sounds

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to"separate" the controls for the ringer volume from the media volume?
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

The volume for in-call is by default separate than the volume for ringer/media

The In-call volume can only go up to 10/10.  The Ringer/music volume can go up 30/30.

So when you are in a phone call, lower the volume to about 7 or 8. The in-call volume can only be accessed when you are in a phone call. Changing the in-call volume should have no affect your ringer/media volume.

However if you change your media volume it will change your ringer volume since 1 volume setting is used for both. To avoid miss calls, you can try to add the option of vibrate on your phone. You will find that at settings > ringers and sounds

0 Likes