Is the Nokia Lumia 822 buggy?
christian1s

So I am in search of a new phone because I am overdue for an upgrade and my phone is not being reliable. I would care less about being able to upgrade as long as my phone works but that's not the case right now.

I been through a Droid 2, which I was dissatisfied with battery life, often crashes and long restart time. Anyways I cracked the screen multiple times and now it's put away. A friend sold me his Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S1) and I was also dissatisfied with battery performance, crashes, and reboots. The worse is loosing contacts and application information. I gave up on setting up my emails because it has failed on me so many times and what really piss me off was loosing contacts.

Anyways I read a few reviews of the Nokia Lumia having trouble receiving text msg is this true ? Was this true, does it still happen ?

Help me out guys, I want a reliable phone.

My top priorities

- Battery Life

- Stable

- Price

- I heard that they have good cameras does this model have a good camera also if so it would be a huge plus.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is the Nokia Lumia 822 buggy?
Durn
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife currently has the Nokia Lumia 822.  She has the white version of it.  She never said that she would get used to the virtual keyboard on a smartphone (she tried using my HTC Trophy) but she loves the phone!  As far as buggy, she hasn't been having any of the problems that have been reported on the forums.  She has only had it freeze once, but I assume that it will be fixed once the Portico update is pushed out around MWC 2013.  She has had the phone for over a month.

She can receive group messages just fine.  She can get around a day and a half out of the battery.  It's a great phone.  You might have some minor issues, but like I said, she hasn't had those issues and it will be fixed once we get the Portico update.

I can say that you would be satisfied with the Lumia 822.  It's a great phone.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'm in the same boat as Durn but I've been using the phone since it was released and I haven't had a single problems reported here.  Battery life is the same, about 1.5 - 2 days on a charge.

0 Likes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the 822 from a HTC Touch Pro 2.  I like it.  I'm getting used to keyboard, it's pretty smart on it's word choices.

I am having problems with the phone locking up on Bluetooth sometimes.  Based on my searches and conversations, I am not alone.  It works beautifully except for that one problem.

0 Likes