Is Verizon going to get any new Windows phones in 2016 or 2017?
Jmthomas1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

Simple question as I am in the process of evaluating carriers.

Is Verizon going to be getting any new Windows phones in the next 6 months to year time frame.

Currently I have a Samsung ATIV SE that I have loaded Windows 10 on and love it.  It is starting to show it's age and it is either

replace the battery to prolong it's life or move to a new phone.  The Nokia 735, while a decent budget phone, is just that, a budget phone and would be a serious step down from my ATIV, which had almost identical specs to the Galaxy S4 when they both were released.

So my question is, is Verizon going to get any new mid to high level Windows phones, or do I start looking at another carrier to get the Windows phone I want, something on the lines of a Lumia 950XL / HP Elite x3.

And for the Verizon reps that watch these threads, no, I don't want an Apple or Android phone, period.  They are designed for people with no tech background, and I have no use for either OS. So please, don't post some standard corporate answer about how VZW has a phone I want just to bury this question in the threads.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is Verizon going to get any new Windows phones in 2016 or 2017?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmthomas87,

I can understand wanting to have the Windows phone as your phone of choice. I know this phone is great to utilize with your working operations system. I would like to advise that currently I do not show any Windows phones being released soon. This is not to say that they will not be released in the near future. Please keep posted to tour website and then you can review devices available. Click http://spr.ly/6587BhrRH .

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

If VZW customers have any slight chance it would be the Surface Phone sometime mid to late 2017.

If you want the 950XL or the HP Elite x3 your going to have to switch carriers.

Even though VZW executives stated they want the Windows Mobile (Phone) as the third ecosystem back in 2012 http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/19/2960427/verizon-windows-phone-third-ecosystem​ they have show no interest at all the OS

At this point Windows Mobile is dead OS for this carrier.  If it's not an iPhone or Android device it has no place here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmthomas87,

I can understand wanting to have the Windows phone as your phone of choice. I know this phone is great to utilize with your working operations system. I would like to advise that currently I do not show any Windows phones being released soon. This is not to say that they will not be released in the near future. Please keep posted to tour website and then you can review devices available. Click http://spr.ly/6587BhrRH .

VeronicaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHPAT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know we are a minority of users but Windows phones are awesome and connect seamlessly with our computers, tablets, etc.  I really, really would like to suggest that Verizon carry the Windows Surface phone in 2017 when it comes out.  If not, I will be forced to change to a carrier that will support it.  I enjoy the excellent coverage by Verizon but not enough to give up my windows devices. Thanks for listening.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are a valued customer and we certainly don’t want you to consider a move from our wireless family over a particular device, SHPAT. While we do not have any information about what phones are coming to our network in the future, you can stay inform of any Windows phones available with us at this link: http://spr.ly/6582BhvRY

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only Windows phone that is available on the Verizon Network is the Lumia 735, which I have, but I would really hate to have to switch carriers just to get a new Windows phone when my contract renewal is up. I know we Window Phone users are an extreme minority, but we are also extremely loyal, and we hope that you or someone else lets whoever makes these type of decisions know that we want a new Windows Phone device, or 2 or 3 choices. We look at your site and there are numerous Android choices, and even a few iPhone choices (even though they are basically the same phone, same manufacture, etc) but when it has come to the Microsoft Windows Phones, our choices have always been limited.

MICFLO57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the decades, Verizon has treated us fairly. When the Window's phone came out, I became a fan. Although, every Representative of Verizon had tried selling me on a different phone, other than Windows. Not sure if this is a marketing technique, or a personal preference of their employees. When visiting Verizon stores, I am also questioned why I even purchased a Windows Phone. Over the years, I have purchased 4 Windows phones, proudly, even though options for available Windows devices are always meager. Now, I am currently looking to upgrade soon, and I find that there are no Windows phones available at all. My Family has considered leaving Verizon, and this may be a good reason. I seem to be on the same boat as others, and I am speaking for many more just like us.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICFLO57,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter. We certainly want our customers to have the phone of their choice so that they are happy with their devices fully. In this case Verizon Wireless offers devices that are provided to us by the manufacturer. There has not been a Windows phone released recently that is designed to work with our service. We certainly don't want to lose you however we offer what we currently have available. If there will be a Windows device specifically for Verizon Wireless service, we will make this available to all of our customers when that becomes available. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns that we can answer for you as we are here to help.

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I don't think people really understand, or want to understand that Verizon cannot carry something that is not offered to them. The phones are made by Microsoft and they are the ones that don't include the proper radios to work on Verizon's network. Verizon can't just stroll into their offices and force them to do anything. Pretty soon the Microsoft phones are gonna go the way of Palm and soon, Blackberry.

0 Likes
Malamute67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC One M8 (Windows) phone, and am fairly happy with it - only thing wrong is that I cannot get a Windows 10 update through Verizon. I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years, but am now seriously considering switching carriers over Verizon's lack of Windows phones. And as to they only being able to offered what the OEM's offer to them, that is bull.  They can provide a sim card to make other Windows phones other than the Lumia 735 work on their CDMA network 0 my HTC is proof.  I have made several trips in the last few months to local stores to ask what unlocked Windows phones (i.e. Lumia 650, 950, 928) could be 'made to work' on the Verizon network, and not a single rep could assist. It was as if they all had instructions to steer me to the latest Android or iOS phone.  This is not the answer. My wife has an Android phone, and cannot synch numerous apps (most notable Calendar and Outlook) with her Windows 10 laptop. I however, have no problems.  I am hoping the Verizon will make an early announcement that they will support the Surface phone coming in Spring 2017, if not I will be taking my business - and all associated accounts- elsewhere to the carrier that DOES support Windows phones.

0 Likes