Re: Is Verizon Wireless trying ot Annihilate Windows?
primortal
Master - Level 1

In the same context as Elector post; fanboy sites comparing phones yes.

We're not talking here about which is the best phone so the post serves no purpose but to detract.

Not applicable

Please note I replied in reference to the other posters comment about what a Windows phone can do versus an iPhone

so now I don't have a right to show the difference in iPhones and Android and Blackberry devices.

good luck

Not applicable

please read the bottom paragraph of

jnetSNATK post.

i Don't make the web sites up. There were many that said the 9 things Windows phones can do that an iPhone cant however on CNET and non ios sites they showed full comparisons.

if the Windows devices are so great it should be able to stack up against the other devices. And it shows iPhones and Androids can do much more.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Oh you have the right to show the difference, but how did you come to this conclusion?  Sounds like more of an opinion than a fact.

It would seem Apple is still the one to beat.

IMHO there is nothing in the iPhone 6(+) that out-stands either a Android, BB or WP.  They are pretty close in comparison in regards to hardware specs.

OS, they all have their pluses/minutes.  It's really comes down to the user to make the choice of what phone/OS works for them.

kburgoyne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually when it comes to the hardware, the iPhone 6 is either now finally the same as or inferior to many already existing Android and WP models.  I haven't check the processor specs, but the WP OS has traditionally run faster on less expensive hardware than iOS.  I don't know about Android.  So just comparing processor specs when the OS is different doesn't work.

The only real major thing the iPhone has is its app store selection.  While the overwhelming majority of the apps that Apple likes to include in its count are absolute junk, as even most iPhone users will readily admit, the Apple apps store does have a more complete selection of actual worthwhile apps.  However I have noticed a serious increase in the number of "real" apps starting to show up for WP8 which wasn't happening with WP7.

Application development between Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 8/8.1 has become very very similar.  Probably with the release of Windows Phone 9 they'll be essentially the same.

For Microsoft this is the "long game".  Particularly in the business space.  In the business space, Microsoft views one role of smartphones to be just another entry point into various applications related to greater enterprise management systems.  Desktop PCs, notebooks/tablets/convertibles, and smartphones all providing a common enterprise experience.

0 Likes
Lacosu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am really starting to believe it. I can't find the Icon for sale anymore, I was going to get it for Christmas.

There is no reason Verizon should h old up windows8.1, this is just ridiculous! I installed the beta win 8.1 earlier this year on my Lumia 822, and it is GREAT! I can't stand using my wife's phone(Galaxy3) or anyone else's' for that matter. 8.1 is a leap over 8 and I thought I had a good phone with that system.

The only reasons I want an Icon, larger screen, and the camera.

primortal
Master - Level 1

It's really baffling on why they "retired" the Icon.  It's got to be selling better than the HTC 8X and the Samsung ATIV SE yet they are still available via VZW web site.

If you are looking to get the Icon, Microsoft still sells it, http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Verizon---Nokia-Lumia-Icon/productID.306508100