Re: Is The Nokia Lumia 920 Coming to Verizon????
kit7kat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I want Lumia 920 to embrace the Lumia revolution! I hope Verizon strike a deal to Nokia for the phone. I resist the temptation of Lumia 900, but cannot resist the temptation of Lumia 920, too much to resist! Lumia seems to be the best phone on the market. If I could not get Lumia 920, I have to go where I can get it. With me, 4 other lines will be gone too! 

Jazzman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here we are again, one year later. Instead of the Trophy (mid to lower level WP), we are talking about the Nokia 822 (mid level) WP phone. I'm retired and have some time to read stuff and do some internet research. All I see are rumors, rumors and more rumors.

Then it occured to me, Out of 7 Billion people on Earth, we only represent 300 million of those people. So that means 100 millino or so people with phones. Guess what, the only CDMA companies in the world are Verizon and Sprint (being bought by a Japanese firm rumored today).

If I were Nokia, the only attractive thing Verizon brings is a better signal than any of the other US Carriers. Is this enough to prostitute themselves for a portion of 100 million phones? Even Verizon has to have GSM built into their top line phones for those of us who Travel and travel to places that have no idea that CDM A exist.

Seems to me that since Verizon cannot change to GSM to meet the rest of the world, give them a mid level phone in hopes of some of the Verizon customers might move to US GSM carriers for the top of the line phones.

Verizon already has the best coverage in the US, why not buy T-Mobile for the GSM side of the business and invest some money in making that half of the business attractive to the Verizon Brand Name. Now, Nokia and other phone manufacturers will be more open to making phones for Verizon CSMA/GSM customers. Could be the best of both worlds for Veriaon

Just a wild thought.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

That's a thought I've wondered, without the time to do the research...  Why did Verizon go with CDMA while the rest of the world went GSM?  And if it was Verizon's network building faster first, why did the rest go GSM?  Chicken?  Egg?  Advantages to one over the other?  I know a little about each technology, but that's it - just a little.  All I know that really matters for me is that where I'm at, Verizon's network has better coverage.  And since I don't go to the rest of the world, it really doesn't matter that there's a SIM card in my Trophy, since I don't plan on leaving the country anytime soon, although if Obama gets coronated in January that plan could change....

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

i put this in another thread too...

http://pocketnow.com/2012/10/11/nokia-lumia-920-model-verizon

woohoo!!!!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

A slightly old post on pocketnow and I think it was covered in another post here. was poated here, https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/884280#884280 by _yankees_

The latest rumor is VZW is getting a quad-core Nokia; if Nokia is good on its promise for Feb/March next year.  For all we know what's posted in the pocketnow post is that very phone Nokia was showing off to VZW.

0 Likes
vz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

any updates on this topic.?? i had the Lumia 920 for about a week or so.. loved it. Unfortunately, the AT&T coverage in my area is terrible. Lumia922 showed only one bar -- that too intermittently. Switched my service back to samsung focus!

Eagerly awaiting 922!!! Can't wait to move away from AT&T!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Last I heard, Tom Warren, founder of WinRumors and editor at The Verge, tweeted this on Friday:

"If you're on Verizon and you want a high-end Nokia Lumia. You're gonna be happy soon."

That's all I know. Let the speculation begin!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Did you see this?

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/1/24/3912250/nokia-laser-verizon-windows-phone-8

0 Likes
mctrl1

That looks promising. It makes sense they'd launch a new top-end model for VZW.

0 Likes
pm_mazur

by November? Oh come on.. Nokia Lumia 920 WAS released to the public last October, it can't be out by that time. Better chance of Nokia "Catwalk" or "EOS" to come out on that month. I'm gonna guess that were gonna see 920 around April-June.

0 Likes