Is The Nokia Lumia 920 Coming to Verizon????
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not sure where WPCentral got their info from, and they don't cite any info except the last line in this quote, so I'll call it a RUMOR for now, but check this out:

Two sites today—TechRadar and the Verge—both with decent track records on rumors (not-ranked and 84% respectively, via Tracour) are claiming that AT&T and Nokia are looking to open the doors to the Lumia 920 and 820 on November 2nd.

The phone is reportedly in testing at AT&T’s labs and if all goes well, that is the date that AT&T will be looking to put the phone on the shelves.

The date is a bit odd as it falls on a Friday. AT&T as far as we know always release phones on Sundays and they have been quite consistent in that recently for the last few Windows Phone launches. Why the change if true? Perhaps to get the phone out as early as possible but also maybe they are timing it with the end of BUILD 2012, which coincidently ends on the same day.

T-Mobile is expected to launch the Lumia 820 during the same week and later Verizon will launch the flaghship Lumia 920, hopefully in that fireball Red.

http://www.wpcentral.com/rumor-att-looking-launch-nokia-lumia-820-920-november-2nd

Here's hoping!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is The Nokia Lumia 920 Coming to Verizon????
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like TechRadar has a little more info:

However, a source talking to Nokia For Us says the phones are coming to AT&T, available in stores Nov. 2.

Joining AT&T sometime during the first week of November is T-Mobile, which will supposedly carry the lower-spec 820, and Verizon, which the source said is set to get a version of the 920.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/rumor-nokia-lumia-820-and-920-c...

0 Likes
roboghast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Release is November 15th for Verizon, Before Thanksgiving

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Got a source?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

It seems I'm not finding a thing that suggests a 11/15 launch date for VZW, but plenty of speculation of "first week of November".  I'll still take it with a grain of salt, but without a reference (I've linked to one such first week of November reference above), it don't mean a thing.  Since ATT is speculated to get it on 11/2, and 11/2 is a Friday (weird, since they usually launch on Sundays), I'm guessing that "first week of November" means the first "full" week. 

I'm going to play around with the WP8 SDK next Wednesday when they release it to devs who have apps published. 

0 Likes
WolfmanAZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am hoping too.  The Lumia 920 would be awesome addition on Verizon's LTE network.  Verizon already got left behind with the 1st generation Windows 7 devices by only having a low end phone.  I hope that they get this flagship Lumia phone.

Not sure if this helps, but at least it is something.

http://www.popherald.com/nokia_lumia_920_windows_phone_att_verizon_wireless_20120907-19744

I truly hope that it is correct about the 920 and Verizon.  I will be in line if  it is on day1.

hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

This article references the TechRadar article that I linked to above.  The way it reads is that ATT will get it 11/2, and VZW the first week of November, which I would think probably means the first full week, which would be sometime the 5th to the 9th, probably the 7th, because if I remember right, VZW releases on Wednesdays.  I'm still skeptical, because I think if this were solid there would be more tech sites reporting it, but I'm still hopeful.  We shall see.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
nathy3000
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope see the Nokia Lumia 920 in Verizon, it's going to be a big mistake if Verizon doesn't add Nokia phones this season, if not, a lot of people are going to switch to AT&T...

headski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am really hoping Verizon will carry the 920 as well.  I have been following the Verizon/Windows Phone story for quite some time and I would be disappointed if Verizon chooses to only offer a mediocre Windows Phone at this point.  Nokia 920 is the flagship phone.  I would really like to get the FLAGSHIP!  Nothing less!Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Durn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like another source popped up with Verizon getting the 920.  Of course in the article it's a typo (they put 900 instead of 920) but they are talking about the 920 because of the Pureview camera and video technology.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/18804

0 Likes