Internet download of Mango
spursrcheap

I have seen websites with Mango Updates for Trophy available for download.  Should I go ahead with the previously mentioned Mango update or wait for the Mango update to be available from Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet download of Mango
M-Kohlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can it be done?  Sure it Can (and I am speaking from experience) but first you should ask yourself these questions:

• Do I posess advanced I.T. Technical Skills?
  •  
  • Am I willing to run the risk of voiding my warranty?
  •  
  • Am I OK with providing my own technical support with an operating system that has not yet been optmized for your specific device?
  •  
  • Am I OK with having to wipe my device (and all associated settings and installed applications) when the Trophy-specific release of Mango is available?

If all of the answers to the questions above are "Yes", then I would very thoroughly read all of the related posts @ forum.xda-developers.com before pulling the trigger.

- Michael

0 Likes
Re: Internet download of Mango
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

M-Kohlman wrote:

Can it be done?  Sure it Can (and I am speaking from experience) but first you should ask yourself these questions:

• Do I posess advanced I.T. Technical Skills?
  •  
  • Am I willing to run the risk of voiding my warranty?
  •  
  • Am I OK with providing my own technical support with an operating system that has not yet been optmized for your specific device?
  •  
  • Am I OK with having to wipe my device (and all associated settings and installed applications) when the Trophy-specific release of Mango is available?

If all of the answers to the questions above are "Yes", then I would very thoroughly read all of the related posts @ forum.xda-developers.com before pulling the trigger.

- Michael

+1

I have been running Mango on my Trophy for well over a month now (whatever day in June it was released, I installed the next morning).  As Michael said, make sure you know what you're doing, make sure you BACK UP YOUR BACKUPs, and make sure you are ok with voiding your warranty (because you will have to agree several times that you understand that you are voiding the warranty).  But if you do install it, you will find it to be very rewarding.

0 Likes