Identification of text recipients
homerchuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not have an unlimited text plan and and frequently getting texts from people that are sending it to me but also a lot of other people at the same time. Of course, I can't control or even know who else is receiving the text. What I am worried about is that if I reply to the text, how can I be sure that I am not inadvertently sending a reply to each of the people that received the original text? I just want it to go to the person who sent it to me. Based on the number of texts Verizon is reporting on my acount, I have a feeling I am sending a lot of texts inadvertently. Thank goodness Verizon lets me know when I'm getting close to my limit. Haven't gone over the limit yet and don't intend to if I can help it.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Identification of text recipients
homerchuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Group text "Off" in my Text settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

homerchuck - Group texting is convenient, just not when it's an A to B conversation. Tell the rest of the group: C you later! Not sure if you found a solution, but you may want to create a new text thread for just that one person. This way it is away from the group conversation, and you can be sure the message is just going to that one person. If the issue still persists, please let us know, as we'd like to help you with this. Thank you homerchuck! Take care.

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I would do what both of the previous posters suggested. Check your settings to see if there's a menu option for group messaging, and start a new thread. I don't know if this happens on Windows Phone OS, but I have heard of Android users replying to a text and inadvertently replying to all.

0 Likes
Not applicable

homerchuck wrote:

I do not have an unlimited text plan and and frequently getting texts from people that are sending it to me but also a lot of other people at the same time. Of course, I can't control or even know who else is receiving the text. What I am worried about is that if I reply to the text, how can I be sure that I am not inadvertently sending a reply to each of the people that received the original text? I just want it to go to the person who sent it to me. Based on the number of texts Verizon is reporting on my acount, I have a feeling I am sending a lot of texts inadvertently. Thank goodness Verizon lets me know when I'm getting close to my limit. Haven't gone over the limit yet and don't intend to if I can help it.

This is something that happens when people change cell numbers or get new numbers from the carrier.

Do Not reply to any of those texts since you are verifying your service number.

On the verizon wireless website (My Verizon) you can block 5 numbers both text and calls. there is also a link from those blocking page to access http://www.vtext.com  where you can block 15 numbers or even text messages from the web, which is not part of your 15 blocks and this is totally free.

Hope that helps you?

0 Likes
greenwave85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, it is a great implementation with smart phone devices. . . That being said why did Verizon take it away from the Windows Phone 8s?  Shouldn't the next generation be better than the first not worse?

0 Likes