Re: Icon user here chiming in on lack of support from Verizon
Not applicable

So it would seem via the article that Verizon does not have the update and Microsoft is now working on it yet again. as other posters have claimed.

[quote]

In one post, he writes, "Q's on update: yes we're working to get WP8.1/Cyan updates out.

[/quote]

and

[quote]

"MS/Verizon are working on some bug fixes-- VZW taking the quality seriously. We aren't sure how long it will take, but work is underway."

[/quote]

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Umm technically VZW does have an update; to be more specific they have the update to test and report problems back to Microsoft....

0 Likes
Not applicable

Assumptions on both our parts.

If they update was sent to Verizon and they decided it has issues (as the article states)

Since they do not touch code, it would then be Microsoft. Then its the back and forth testing and then if it ever passes it gets approved and sent out.

[quote]

"MS/Verizon are working on some bug fixes-- VZW taking the quality seriously.

[/quote]

Verizon is not going to fix BUGs in the OS.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Did the article or myself say that VZW was going to fix the issues in the OS themselves?  It's obvious that Microsoft is fixing the issues VZW is reporting.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No you said: "Umm technically VZW does have an update; to be more specific they have the update to test and report problems back to Microsoft...."

Hence my back and forth statement

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Agreed there's back and forth, the only way to test.

Oh an I made no assumptions...

It's sad that it's this late in the game for this back and forth crap.  This should have been done well before 7/15 IMHOP

rcschnoor
Legend

primortal wrote:

Agreed there's back and forth, the only way to test.

It's sad that it's this late in the game for this back and forth crap.  This should have been done well before 7/15 IMHOP

It does seem you are making an assumption this "back and forth crap" has not been going on for the entire time.

primortal
Master - Level 1

The comment of "Oh an I made no assumptions" was based on this post

primortal wrote:

Umm technically VZW does have an update; to be more specific they have the update to test and report problems back to Microsoft....

and not this

primortal wrote:

Please follow along before commenting

rcschnoor wrote:

...has not been going on for the entire time.

and you know this how?

0 Likes
Not applicable

[quote]

[/quote]

Actually it is an assumption all along in all these Windows Phone threads.

Most that posted claimed Verizon had the updated OS in July. Others claimed through direct talks with high up Microsoft people, that it was Verizon that had the update and failed to release it.

then claimed high up executives at Verizon kept denying any such updates. And when Tidbits stated that the update could have been failed by Verizon and sent back to Microsoft, he was labeled a troll.

And then that Joe person was the one that was saying Verizon was the hold up. Well if there are now statements of bugs etc. that "Joe" now states that shows Microsoft lied. And Tidbits was correct.

And in Verizon keeping their mouths shut did not rat out Microsoft that was blaming the carriers.

The carriers as was stated before over and over "do not touch code"

And in your other post I read this morning I agree, there is no guarantee it will arrive this year or in late 2015.

That is why I have said from the beginning to just "wait it out" and if it arrives it arrives. If it doesn't then it doesn't.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have been following along. I'm sorry, when you said you "Oh an I made no assumptions" I took that to mean you made NO assumptions, not that you made no assumptions only on some things.

I never said I know one way or the other, only with your statement "It's sad that it's this late in the game for this back and forth crap.  This should have been done well before 7/15 IMHOP", it seems you ARE making an assumption as it certainly sounds as if you DON'T think it was being done earlier. I have no idea one way or the other. Your assumption that it hasn't could very well be correct. It could just as easily be incorrect, too.Smiley Happy