Icon 8.1 update (or lack there-of)
BBnMD

Lumina Icon 8.1 os update.  I am beginning to think this will never happen.  I was told on 3 different occasions that it would be out in November.  I call today and they say 30-60 days.  At one point I was told it was being released in waves so as to not congest the network.  At this point, I think I may move my 4 phones to T-Mobile as they offer to pay me for my contract buyout.  Seems well worth it. I stuck with Verizon in the past because they used to have superior customer service.  No more, in fact when I called to find out my early termination fees, they didn't even try to see if they could keep me.  It was like, ok, we have plenty of customers, loosing you is no big deal.  If anyone has any further information, please let me know.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Icon 8.1 update (or lack there-of)
primortal
Master - Level 1

Customer Service is utterly clueless when it will be released and as you seen you get difference answers each time you talk to them.

You're best bet is to keep an eye on these pages/sites:

LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

With the phone discontinued and the first pass at Cyan rejected, I have to think that it's now a pretty low priority for Verizon. The status could stay at "Under Development" indefinitely, and really what difference would it make to them? It's infuriating that we have no official word from either Microsoft or Verizon on this, and it leaves a very sour taste for both WindowsPhone and Verizon Wireless.

jeffindayton
Enthusiast - Level 3

obviously verizon does not care about its windows phone "customers"