I wish Verison would give their community people better stuff to cut and paste in regards to not carrying the Lumia 950
otoPICO
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get that Verizon doesn't give their support/forum people a lot of liberty in how they respond to customers. But for once, it would be nice to see a response that didn't avoid the original comment, completely dismiss the customer's issue, or boil down to 'Verizon is best, you are stupid for wanting something other that iOS or Android'.

My contract is up in May. If Verizon is still treating Windows Phone users as second rate, my two numbers will be going to another carrier. I don't care how great Verizon thinks their network is, if Verizon doesn't want to do the bare minimum to at least pretend they care about the customer, then they aren't worth my time either.

This nonsense with not supporting the new flagship Windows Phones is just the last nail in the coffin. Verizon needs to learn that 'don't leave us because we don't support the devices you want, our network is the best!' is probably the worst way to address their customers' concerns. I came to Verizon BECAUSE they had the device I wanted AND because of their network. Notice that both those things were the deciding factor.

This entire mess just makes me thing that Verizon is trying to get us to drop Windows Phone. From salespeople that try to tell you to buy Android or iOS because Windows Phone is garbage (I had a guy in Milford Ohio, a Verizon employee, in the store waste 15 minutes of my time trying to get me to buy anything other than my 928), to delays of 6+ months for OS updates, or my favorite, carrying a device for a few months before abandoning it, Verizon has made its position painfully clear.

But the beauty of capitalism is that there are other companies out there that want my business enough to support the devices I want to use. Crazy idea I know, but come May 2016, if Verizon is still working hard to get me to drop Windows Phone, I will be dropping Verizon instead.

That is the saddest part of the whole thing. I love Verizon's coverage. I can deal with the stupid data plan pricing, but I will not go to iOS or Android. The device really is the entire point for me. Either you support it, or I go to someone that does.

Cue the copy and paste 'we have the best network' or ' you should get a different device'. It is the only thing more consistent that Verizon's network.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I wish Verison would give their community people better stuff to cut and paste in regards to not carrying the Lumia 950
Snn5
Legend

You say all this even though Microsoft doesn't support Verizon.  Remember, hardware manufacturers must support the network they wish to be sold on.  I won't dig up the facts from all the other threads here.  Suffice to say, at least in this case, it isn't all Verizon's fault.  however, I admit to being somewhat interested in the 950s even though a lot of WP users are really waiting on the MS branded phones after this last Nokia design comes and goes.

0 Likes
Re: I wish Verison would give their community people better stuff to cut and paste in regards to not carrying the Lumia 950
otoPICO
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I posted, this isn't all about the 950. Verizon has worked hard to make sure that customers using Windows Phone are secondary to everyone else. Verizon delays software updates, has sales people that actively try to get you to switch to iOS or Android.

The issues with the 950 are just the most recent.

Also, the 950 is a Microsoft designed device. The Icon was the last of the Nokia WP devices. The 950 is what the WP have been waiting for since MS bought Lumia.

Snn5
Legend

I suppose I should say, We will have to wait until Microsoft creates a phone that is not just designed to work on CDMA but also will work on Verizon.  It's just like the FM Tuner debate...hardware is there, but is not "turned on."

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that the 950 was already being designed at the time of the buyout. The next set of phones should be wholly Microsoft's.

0 Likes