I sometimes can't hear callers without switching to Speaker
rmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Nokia 928 and everything works find on the phone, except that often when I receive or place calls, there is no audio.  I can't hear the other person.  The workaround is for me to put the phone on speakerphone mode.  But the normal internal speaker isn't working.  It doesn't appear to be a hardware issue as far as I can tell because sometimes it works.  But it is really not feasible to make every call on speakerphone, so I need to find a solution for this problem.

I am on Windows Phone 8.1 and have the latest update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I sometimes can't hear callers without switching to Speaker
Smeat
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 928's have a pretty common problem where the earpiece speaker stops working due to a defect in the speaker connection.  Sometimes if you squeeze or flex the phone slightly, it will start working again.  I'm on my 3rd 928 myself, as the first two developed the same issue after a couple of months.

Call tech support and they should be able to send a replacement (assuming you are still under warranty). 

View solution in original post

Smeat
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 928's have a pretty common problem where the earpiece speaker stops working due to a defect in the speaker connection.  Sometimes if you squeeze or flex the phone slightly, it will start working again.  I'm on my 3rd 928 myself, as the first two developed the same issue after a couple of months.

Call tech support and they should be able to send a replacement (assuming you are still under warranty). 

rmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is exactly what was wrong with it!  You are terrific, Smeat!  I'm not under warranty, but a corner of my screen is slightly loose... when I squeeze it back down, the earpiece works.  Now I just need to find a way to re-glue it somehow.  But in interim, I know to squeeze the corner when I need to.  Thank you!

0 Likes