I sed a phone headset (not bluetooth) and now internal speakers will not activate.
Surprise_Gal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Phone thinks audio port still has jack.  Ihave tried : turning on/off using headset and removing while in a call.  Sound works on headset or bluetooth but not as speaker.

I have tried rebooting the phone by turning it on/off and removing the sim card.

I have also tried using the phone with headset in place and removing it during the call.

the phone still thinks the headset jack is in place and will not return to speaker.

This also keeps the internal speakers from activating for an incoming call.

Subject line edited for brevity and moved into post.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I sed a phone headset (not bluetooth) and now internal speakers will not activate. Phone thinks audio port still has jack. Ihave tried : turning on/off using headset and removing while in a call. Sound works on headset or bluetooth but not as speak
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Believe it or not a hard reset usually 9 times out of 10 will fix this. Make sure you back up your phone. You can try before though to remove the battery while the device is on.

0 Likes
Re: I sed a phone headset (not bluetooth) and now internal speakers will not activate.
hateNokia928
Enthusiast - Level 1

Happened to me, too. Reset did not work.

0 Likes
Re: I sed a phone headset (not bluetooth) and now internal speakers will not activate.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm so sorry that is happening. We want you to have a great working device. Is there any damage to the device? Does this still occur with a different headset?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
AlanLHull
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the exact same problem with my Nokia 928. After days of messing with it I ordered a new phone and will take this one apart to confirm my suspicion that the headphone jack is the problem.

I did the reset a couple of times and have not been able to solve the problem.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

If this new phone is a warranty replacement and you have to send back the old one I wouldn't break it down to confirm anytging. That voids the warranty and they can bill you the non return fee. It's not worth it.

0 Likes