I really like the Lumia line of Windows phones - but the Verizon Windows Phone selection is horrible. Can I buy a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM - Unlocked from Microsoft and use it on the Verizon network?
Ian1820

I really like the Lumia line of Windows phones - but the Verizon Windows Phone selection is horrible.  Can I buy a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM - Unlocked phone from Microsoft and use it on the Verizon network?  I cannot seem to get a straight answer from Verizon.  I've been told maybe - Maybe?   Really?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I really like the Lumia line of Windows phones - but the Verizon Windows Phone selection is horrible.  Can I buy a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM - Unlocked from Microsoft and use it on the Verizon network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope, never going to happen. The radio frequencies don't support the Verizon Wireless network. Microsoft Lumia 650 Specifications - Microsoft - US

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I really like the Lumia line of Windows phones - but the Verizon Windows Phone selection is horrible.  Can I buy a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM - Unlocked from Microsoft and use it on the Verizon network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope, never going to happen. The radio frequencies don't support the Verizon Wireless network. Microsoft Lumia 650 Specifications - Microsoft - US

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I really like the Lumia line of Windows phones - but the Verizon Windows Phone selection is horrible. Can I buy a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM - Unlocked from Microsoft and use it on the Verizon network?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

To take this 1 step further, none of the 4 latest Lumia phones were submitted for CDMA certification. So, as things stand, the only current Lumia phone that can be used with Verizon Wireless is the 735.

It is hoped that Microsoft will see fit to make VZW variants of the rumored Surface Phone. Posted specs for the HP Elite x3 reveal that it is not compatible with VZW.

0 Likes