Re: I just read that the Lumia 735 is getting Windows 10. It is a newer phone then the Icon, but will Verizon upgrade the Icon to Windows 10?
JXJLLM72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi AlbertoR,

I am using a Lumia Icon and tried to upgrade to W10 several times now. The following is the sequence that I have been doing ..

1) Charge phone to full battery

2) Install the latest firmware and setup the phone (WiFi connection, Microsoft Account sign in, etc.) using the Recovery Tool in my W10 PC

3) Install a critical W8.1 update prompt by the phone after a few minutes

4) Download and install the critical upgrade without issues

5) Install the Upgrade Advisor app and check the "Enable the Windows 10 upgrade on this phone" box

6) Download the W10 upgrade

This is the step when the phone starts a loop and eventually show a message that can't update to W10.

Once I press Install, the phone ask to accept the Terms and Conditions. Then is shows a screen with two wheels moving and a status bar. The process continues up to 50-60% and then the phone turn off and on showing the same wheel screen. After a few more times doing this .. the phone just shows the Nokia logo, then the W10 logo and turn off. Then it does this loop until it runs out of battery.

Please help!

0 Likes
Re: I just read that the Lumia 735 is getting Windows 10. It is a newer phone then the Icon, but will Verizon upgrade the Icon to Windows 10?
topher36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for asking about this.  I am using the Lumia 928 with a now unsupported Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build installed.  After I install W10M, Microsoft and/or Verizon decided that the Lumia 928 would now longer be supported.  Group messaging has not worked since I installed W10M.  I know if I revert back to Windows Phone 8.1, it would work again.  At this point, I am debating between getting a refurbished Lumia Icon, or getting a new Lumia 735.  I want to keep running W10M, so I want to make sure there are no major issues with the Icon, if I decide to go that route. 

0 Likes
topher36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you reset your phone first? In the Settings under About, you can "Reset your phone".  Do a clean install of WP8.1, then try to do the W10M update again.

Or, have you looked into the "Windows Device Recovery Tool"?  You may be able to use to install W10M directly.  At the very least, you can use it to do a clean install of WP8.1, then try the W10M update again.

Good luck.

0 Likes