I have had text messaging issues. The messages disappear or never show up
tomcat1015
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my Samsung ATIV SE for over six months now and have had it replaced to resolve a text messaging issue but the problem still exists and no one has been able to help me. Text messages randomly disappear. I just had a two week block of messages disappear for no apparent reason. I need a resolution and not sure where to turn. I was sent to Samsung and Microsoft and no one has been able to help me!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have had text messaging issues. The messages disappear or never show up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about your text messaging issues tomcat1015. Are you using a 3rd party messaging application on your phone? Have you check the text settings to ensure you don't have automatic deletion enabled?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tomcat1015
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not using third party text messaging and  automatic deletion is not enabled.  The messages disappear randomly. and its not all messages. Today in fact a block of messages disappeared from 02/7 thru 02/19.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tomcat1015,

That kind of behavior is certainly not normal and must be driving you crazy! You said your previous phone was doing the same thing, right? Can you test a third party texting app to see if the same issue persists?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tomcat1015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sure, any suggestions which app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tomcat1015,

It doesn't have to be any one in particular. I suggest going into the app store and doing a quick search for SMS. Pick one that seems reasonable to you. Our main interest is seeing if this has something to do with your line of service in general  or if we can narrow it down to the phone/app.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are your messages being copied to the cloud?  I had problems loosing entries in my address book in the past by having it copied to the cloud.  

0 Likes