I have an HTC One (M8) Windows Phone 8.1 Okay, so viewing comments below, I notice a post about a rumor.
SoCalMann01

It's all making sense to me now, NO GOOGLE support, NO HTC CAR MODE, and a complete waste of my money. Thanks Verizon, I now have another $600.00 paper weight, adding the other $600.00 spent on the Samsung Omnia for a total of $1,200.00 to use as a paper weight, really? Thanks AGAIN.  I want all my MONEY Back, NOW!  a new working phone with better service, and support. Just FIX IT I'm sick of this BS.

Verizon: Please Just stop selling windows phones, let Microsoft start their own mobile cell phone company. refund all your customers from a certain date to now and/or replace them with an alternate working up to date phone and service, and dump Microsoft unless they work with you on making us END USERS happy with their operating system and support for other products. If Microsoft wants to own the market then "so be it". If I want a windows phone then I will have to buy a "Microsoft Windows Phone" from Microsoft and a service plan from them period.

I feel like I have purchased a useless piece of junk. I want a Windows phone because I want it to be able to work with my pc, but I want a phone that can function on the go when I'm on the road. Is this too much to ask?   Or should Microsoft just buy out Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have an HTC One (M8) Windows Phone 8.1 Okay, so viewing comments below, I notice a post about a rumor.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand having a working phone is important. Was there anything going on specifically with your phone? I would love to help get you situated with your phone.

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I have an HTC One (M8) Windows Phone 8.1 Okay, so viewing comments below, I notice a post about a rumor.
SoCalMann01

Besides the Verizon store not having the HTC car mount, my problem is not that the device really has a problem, although I have noticed it gets extremely hot, even with nothing running on it and when charging it with the charger it came with, it seems to always be random when this happens. The problem im trying to solve is HTC has many features available for this phone and is not accessible or compatible with the Windows mobile OS. One of the biggest problems is the HTC car mode, like when you dock it in your car, you will have big buttons for easy access to apps related to driving, one example is Google maps, it's free, another example is like a button to answer a call. Yes the phone does have driving mode, but all it does is turn off alerts. Another problem is the fact that I can't stream to my chrome cast. The phone is pretty close to being useless. When I received this phone in the mail I went to the Verizon wireless store to buy a car dock mount for my truck, they said they only have the universal mounts and assured me it would work, putting my phone in car mode and keeping it charged. They were completely wrong, not only did it not put my phone in car mode, it doesn't even charge the phone. I still have the mount and would return it, but I'm just to frustrated with trying to explain to them way it won't work. The good thing is, I can make calls, send and receive text with ease on this device. I like the stereo speakers, and the custom abilities. This device works as expected for what is available so far. But is missing the HTC, Verizon, and Windows features and apps support. This phone seems so one sided and gives the owner a lonely feeling. I can't even install any of my banking apps because it's not available for Windows phone yet they have it for Windows computers, Apple computers and iPhones, and Android phones. What's the problem here? This is only a small example of the things wrong here. Someone needs to stop this. It over $1200.00 in wasted money for me now, I'm not very happy and I'm tired of dealing with something that the CEO's between companies can't figure out. This is crazy.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
SoCalMann01

Is it too late to exchange my Windows phone in for the HTC google version of this phone? I received it in the mail and activated it on 8/06/15

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The return policy period is 14 days.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SoCalMann01, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? Some applications can affect the performance of your device and cause it to get hot. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications.

Click http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/ to view accessories that are compatible with your phone.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes