Re: I believe its time to leave Verizon. Really! Blocking the 950 & 950XL!
Tidbits
Legend

Link that update. If that was in fact from MS saying it then Verizon is violating block C rules.  Then the FCC would step in. The fact of the matter it was someone misinformation that is being spread around like it's the truth.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

All in getting at is that some of this, is because Verizon has poor customer service with regards to the windows phones they have sold before. There are reps on this forum telling people basically to use a different platform instead.

Re: I believe its time to leave Verizon.  Really!  Blocking the 950 & 950XL!
Tidbits
Legend

That's what you are speculating.  MS already is ON RECORD stating they picked AT&T. Legere even said the same thing for the short term.  Everyone knows this IS the last Nokia branded phone they are making and they are going under their new branding.  Short term they are not going to spend a whole lot on this device, and surely will spend more on their next version as it's their "BRAND" at that point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be disheartened to hear you're planning to leave us, VerizonLosesACustomerForever. We want to mend our relationship. Aside from not yet having that specific phone yet, please tell us what else has you leaving.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmachats
Enthusiast - Level 3

Obviously I can't speak for VLCF but I think the overriding sentiment here is that not having that specific phone (yet) - {does that mean its coming??} is probably the ONLY reason people are considering leaving. I think folks are just tired of the general lack of respect and basically outright hostility and contempt Verizon feels for its Windows phone users.

Our money is just as green as iOS or Android customers and if Verizon doesn't want it I strongly encourage anyone thinking about it to explore other options.

0 Likes
jmachats
Enthusiast - Level 3

This reporting backs up what Tidbit is saying.

I will keep researching to see if this is the full explanation or if, in fact, there's a counter story

But this does support it

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/10/if-the-lumia-950-and-950-xl-wont-work-on-verizon-thats-micros...

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It seems like there is something else going on behind the scenes that the general public isn't privy to. Neither Verizon Wireless or Microsoft are speaking out. Surely Microsoft could easily spend the money to certify the two phones to operate on VZW. Sprint and so on...but...something is making the company think that it just isn't worth it. Even if the 950's are placeholders until the next iteration of smartphones hit the market, cutting out the largest carrier in the US is puzzling. From comments posted elsewhere, major Canadian cellular providers are not going to carry the 950s either.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's not puzzling...  Production costs and if they don't sell as many as projected it's a major loss.  keep inventory and resources low in preparation for the next major device.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

So why not offer these limited run products to Verizon Wireless? Why keep running back to at&t over & over again?

Should the message from these unofficialy exclusive products be "at&t sells the bulk of Windows phones in the US and has a more favorable relationship/terms with Microsoft so MSFT will bestow new high end products to at&t rather than Verizon Wireless"?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The devices would be more expensive.  Simple matter there is a licensing cost paid to Qualcomm to use CDMA.  Like I said keep production costs low for your next major device. If they wanted to MS could have made it available to CDMA, but they opted to save costs for their next device.

0 Likes