I believe its time to leave Verizon. Really! Blocking the 950 & 950XL!
J_Icon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm a long time customer of your services.  My experience has been good until I read your business practice will be to block the 950 & 950XL.  I want the 950XL.  Presently, I have an Icon and am ready for the upgrade.  If you think for one moment I will migrate to an Apple or Android product, then you are wrong.  This is a problem when very few companies provide a service such as yours and hold customers hostage to your choices.

I will pay off my Icon, and my wife's phone.  They will not be traded in, and I will smash them before giving or selling them to another just for spite because your decision.

I'm old enough to remember life before these devices came about.  People actually talked to each other.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I believe its time to leave Verizon. Really! Blocking the 950 & 950XL!
J_Icon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read a Verizon White paper on their move away from CDMA.  Looking at the specifications of the 950XL wonder if Verizon is waiting to reduce their CDMA reliant devices.  Microsoft Lumia 950 XL specs.

I found articles regarding an AT&T Verizon merger.  That in itself was interesting, but maybe unlikely to happen.

So, I'm still disappointed just because of perceived politics of it all.  I will confess, even if I got a 950XL will get the Surface Phone.  And, trust me, whom ever's system it works on will have me as a customer.

Thanks for participating in my rant.  Maybe this all is part of the marketing schema to gage the need before release.  I agree with everyone's post.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jmachats
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately leaving is the only way to get Verizon to pay attention. I hear that there's a good chance T-Mobile will have the phones. Go there. If Verizon doesn't want your business, take it elsewhere. My contract isn't up yet - or I'd be out the door. When it is, if it's the same old crap with Verizon, I'll be gone too

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Legere said MS isn't talking to them about the phones and they were interested twice. MS said they only talked to AT&T in response to Legere words. So if you want to use the 950 it has to be unlocked version. T-Mobile will not have it in stores.

0 Likes
Re: I believe its time to leave Verizon.  Really!  Blocking the 950 & 950XL!
Tidbits
Legend

At the bottom MS says carriers are interested but they chose to stick with Just AT&T.  Legere went as far say that MS told him it was to be exclusive.  This was a MS move and not a Verizon one as to availability.

1.  MS didn't want to pay Qualcomm licensing for CDMA

2.  MS didn't want to add further spectrum and FCC costs for testing and approval

3.  MS went exclusive with AT&T so there is no point putting in something that works for CDMA carriers

4.  MS is doing this in the short term, and I expect long term (Surface branding) will be available to all carriers like the iPhone and can be activated no matter where you bought it from thanks to Block C open access.

John Legere says T-Mobile didn't turn down Microsoft's Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL » TmoNews

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/t-mobiles-legere-wed-carry-the-new-windows-phone-if-microsoft-would-sto...

Update: Microsoft says in a statement:

We’re refocusing our channel strategy, narrowing it in the short-term and planning for broader operator availability long-term. While there was interest across the board from U.S. operators, currently we’ve made the decision to have AT&T carry the Lumia 950, and then sell both the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL unlocked through our own channel in Microsoft stores. In Europe, Deutsche Telekom will carry the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL, and we’ll have more to share about other carriers shortly.”

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your info is for t mobile  there GSM,

It has been said Microsoft will not work with carriers that dont support the platform,  so they locked out the bands for Verizon,  its Verizon fault for not supporting windows.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No if you read the other thread I linked how Verizon does the authentication system which is GSM and not the old CDMA standard.

If understood how licensing and block C works you would understand Verizon blocked nothing and did nothing.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not talking about blocking the phones, I'm talking how they treated Windows as a platform as a whole, and how they treated the people who use windows phones on there network. Plenty of people talk how they want a new windows phone on Verizon, only to be told by a rep that they have other phones that the customer should choose from instead.  look back at the icon and how Verizon handled it, they did a horrible job at supporting it. 

VerizonLosesACustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please leave, I am leaving them tomorrow and going to sprint. Is an unethical and immoral company. They don't care for their customers, and every piece of equipment I have gotten from them has broken within the first month or two. I hope everyone realizes this and leaves  them and the company folds.

0 Likes
VerizonLosesACustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please leave Verizon, I am selling my contract tomorrow. Read the update from Microsoft, it wasn't Verizons choice to block it, Microsoft did not want them to have it. After being a customer of theirs for one year I understand why.

0 Likes
VerizonLosesACustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sprint will buy your contract, if you didn't already know. I am going to talk to them tomorrow because Verizon really sucks

0 Likes