Re: I am able to send text messages but not receive them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gfigari, that's a great tip that you provided. When iMessaging or Standard Text Messaging is not working properly, we recommend that you disable it in Settings>Messaging>iMessaging disable OFF>Messaging disable OFF. You will then need to enable the Messaging feature back on and power your phone off/on. This will soft reset the feature. Keep us posted. We're here to help.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pastinky1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this issue for about a month now!  I went into the Verizon store all the guy did was try to send text messages between mine & my daughters phone then he dialed tech support.  We did a few things, a few days later tech support called to see if the issue cleared (that was last friday 08/16) and they said they would look into it and I haven't heard from Verizon since!  I have been a customer since either 1990 or 1993 and I am getting very tired of the lack of support from Verizon as well as how they treat long time customers (i.e.: if you upgrade your phone you lose your unlimited data plan.  Take a note from AT&T, they don't do this to their customers who are grandfathered in!!).

My phone is an HTC Thunderbolt, my daughter has the iPhone 4S (I think it's the S). And it's just not in receiving texts, people we text don't get them.  My brother is Verizon and on an old flip phone and he text me but I didn't receive it.  Today, my friend who is on the iPhone 5 with AT&T text me and I never got it. A friend on Sprint text me the other day and I got it, but when I text back she didn't get it.  I even posted on Verizon's facebook page and VZWSupport on twitter but have not gotten any response (this was a week or 2 ago). 

Verizon has gone from being number one to being zero in my book - lack of support, treat long time customers poorly, don't respond to customer issue, don't follow through, etc.  I have been in purchasing for 29 years and have never treated customers the way Verizon has treated me.  I know of 2 individuals who complained to Verizon about how they would lose their unlimited data plans and said they would go to AT&T and my local Verizon store upgraded both of them with new iPhones and they kept their plans.  Hmmm I've had my plan longer than this one person has been alive (she's 18) yet I can't keep upgrade to an iPhone or other phone as I'll lose my unlimited data and I can't even get this texting issue resolved because Verizon technical support doesn't follow through. Great way to treat and keep customers!  I'm thinking Sprint or T-Mobile or Virgin would be a good choice for switching my 3 phone lines.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pastinky1,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with text messaging. We certainly want to make sure that you are always able to utilize all fuctionalities on your device. We can definitely take a deeper look into this issue.

Have you been responded back to from technical support or called back to see any progession? Have you tried to send a text to yourself to see if the issue is isolated? Since the issue has been looked into already, it may be best to check account for any info. Please follow me TonyG_VZW and send me a private message with your name, number and billing password. We can then look into what has been done and also find a solution for this. We look forward to getting this fixed.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dbelew
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem has reared its ugly head again.  VZW support told me the latest update caused the issue and the answer was to replace the phone.  That is fantastic.  Their update caused the problem and their solution is to sell me a new phone.  Phone is out of warranty and I'm still not done with my contract so I'm not up for a new phone. 

Perfect. 

lchageman

My daughter is also experiencing this problem. She hasn't been able to receive texts since Monday. This is a brand new replacement phone she activated Sunday (same type b/c the new one she got a couple weeks ago never activated correctly and they were unable to fix it). Tech support asked if we were texting her from iPhones. I don't know about her best friend, but my other daughter and I both have Samsung ATIV Odyssey phones (Windows phones). I noticed in her call log that when the problem began it says she got a text from 0000095643 (twice Tuesday morning). Does this mean anything to anyone? Is it some sort of update or corruption? She hasn't tried soft reset or anything like that yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear your daughter is having an issue with receiving text messages Ichageman. I know how important this feature is while using your wireless phone. Are you using a third party messaging application? Is she using a third party messaging application? When you send her a text, do you receive an error message or does it go through? Is she able to use other data functions? Use the steps below to ensure her data is enabled:

• From the Start screen, swipe left to display the Applications list.

• Select Settings.

• Select cellular.

• From the Data connection section, select the On/Off switch.
  • On (Data (e.g. email, web browsing, etc.) is enabled)
  • Off (Data is disabled)

Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mfuss

I just started having this issue on my iPhone 5 people are getting the messages I send but  I am not receiving texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us regarding your iPhone 5. Did you already make this post on the iPhone 5 board, mfuss? Are iMessages affected or just the standard text messages.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cdgrell18
Enthusiast - Level 1

We just purchased 2 Moto Z4's and 1 of them can send messages but not receive them. 

VERY FRUSTRATING!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your frustration about having issues with your new phones cdgrell18. Help has arrived to get those messages working again as soon as possible. Did the phone that is having the trouble recently switch from an iPhone to the Moto Z4? Are you receiving any error messages when attempting to use the messaging on the phone?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes