I am able to send text messages but not receive them
frek21

All of my contact receive my text messages instantly but I have not been able to receive text messages from anyone. Help please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am able to send text messages but not receive them
Allyandi

Same problem here! About to return this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frek21 - Sending and receiving texts is a very basic, but ultimately very important function of a phone! Have you noticed any trends or patterns to this issue? What about any third party apps? Have you downloaded any apps that may utilize texting and could possibly be affecting the delivery of your messages? Try removing temporarily, any apps like Skype/etc, just to test and see if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted, and do not hesitate to ask us if you have any questions. Thank you frek21 and Allyandi. Take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Toxicbill

I also started having this problem this morning (at least that's when I knew I should be getting texts and were not).  My wife has sent me lots of texts as a test and only one came through.  I'm getting ready to return this half-baked piece of crap.

As far as telling you information to try to pinpoint the issue, texts seemed to work Monday evening.  received no texts tuesday (not sure if I should have or not), and very spotty texts on Wednesday.  Still not sure if its working or not yet.

Phone is HTC 8X

0 Likes
RZRtv

Do you have Skype installed? That seemed to be the problem for mine. I uninstalled then Re-installed Skype after my first day of not receiving texts. It's been two days since then, and I haven't missed any.

0 Likes
Enderdml
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having difficulty with not recieving texts on my new HTC 8X.  I was told it was because I switched from an Iphone and all the texts are going to imessaging.  I've deregistered the phone on the Apple sight because I want to keep my phone number - I've had it for more than 10 years.   But I can't keep missing texts -- any suggestions before I return the phone?

0 Likes
Enderdml
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have Skype installed.  Or anything like it.

rentskiwiz
Enthusiast - Level 1

i called vzw they fixed mine over phone *611 tech support

MatticusCaesar

I bought an HTC 8x Windows phone in February 2013 and I am experiencing this problem as well.

My phone's software is up to date.  I do have Skype installed, but I was experiencing the problem long before I ever put that on.

I have no issue sending texts, but I cannot receive them all.

Of the many people I text with, I have isolated the problem to be with iPhone users, though I do not have data on which carrier service they are using.  When an iPhone user sends me a text, there is a very low probability that I will receive them.  I don't seem to have any problem getting texts from Blackberries or Android-based phones.

I have also not specifically been able to identify whether the problem occurs more rampantly while on the Mobile Network or when connected to WiFi.

0 Likes
gfigari

I also had this problem. After talking with technical support they told me this problem results typically when you switch from an Iphone to something else, resulting in you not being able to get messages from other iphone users. If this is the case, go to settings on your old iPhone, then messages, and turn your imessage off. This worked for me.

0 Likes