I absolutely hate this phone
KathNT

This has to be by far the worst mobile phone to use. It is not user friendly. It drops calls constantly. As soon as possible this phone will be replaced nd junked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I absolutely hate this phone
primortal
Master - Level 1

To each is there own.

I find the phones phone more user friendly than Andriod and I can find thinks a lot faster than the iPhone. What do you find not user friendly?

I have yet to have a dropped call with my 822.

0 Likes
Nicklong04

The call dropping issue is one I've never had with my 822.  Maybe it's because of where I live, but I have never had dropped call issues with Verizon.  No....I'm not schilling for them either.  I started in 2009 with a BB, then went right to the Droid X, Then The Samsung Charge and finally to my 822.

This, by far is the easiest phone to learn. Pick and choose the tiles you want to use and make it one of three sizes (In some cases, when you download one of the thousands of apps, you only get two sizes - med or small). Try to do that with you tiny little android icons.  Tired of the color Red?  Change it to dark green! Or blue, orange, pink, brown yellow....Whatever!

Also, the tiles are 'live' so you are constantly updated (discretely) if a FB friend posts something. Or you get an email on one of your 6 accounts.  Every email account gets it's own tile.

This platform is so unlike what we're used to that that there is a slight learning curve.  Hang in there. You won't regret it!

0 Likes
nononokia

My main issue with the 822 is it's a data sucking wh*re of a phone. Why have apps you can't shut down, only to find they have drained 2gb in a month? The only good thing about this phone is the camera. Windows is a complete failure as an OS. It's only purpose is to steal money from people who need to keep updating it for useless internet advertising brought to you by the corporations that have taken it over. Think about it. We have all been mesmerized by technological innovation, only to be duped into binding contracts which are dubious at best. If thousands of people smashed their phones to bits and hauled the pieces in a dump truck to the door step of Verizon, do you think it would phase them one bit?!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I've never had a data problem with my phone.  Which app is consuming so much data?

You can close apps by hitting the back button while in it till you get to the start screen.

Make sure to have no more than 4 apps running in the background.  Settings swipe to Applications and tap background tasks.

I'll take Windows Phone over Andriod any day.  You want to talk about stealing money, how much money does Google make in selling all your communication information?

0 Likes
Hoppman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 822 doesn't suck any data.  It just works.  The WP OS is the easiest OS to use of any of them.  I have a 2GB plan and we never have gone over 500MB in a month on a shared plan.

0 Likes
Hoppman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My L822 never drops calls.  I have dropped it in the toilet, broken the back camera lens, dropped it numerous time on the ground it just keeps working.  I was in a bar last Friday, a friend called and I was thinking about not answering because I wouldn't be able to hear him, I went ahead and answered him, held a conversation without yelling and all was good.

My L822 now runs GDR3 and that even adds additional features.  Once the Amber update added group texting back, the L822 has been excellent and I have no problems with it.

0 Likes
Groover1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the best phone that I've ever had. I love it and my wife loves hers too.  The only time that I had a data problem is when I kept the browser on a website that was constantly updating in the background but that was my fault.  The GDR3 update makes it even easier to close programs in the background.

There are some minor things that could be better like organizing the Settings menu but overall, I think it is easier to use than Android and iPhone.

0 Likes