How do I turn off music when it is playing? My husband was playing with it and we couldn't get it to stop unless he just pushed pause. I want stop not pause when I am working.
cydster

How do you get the music to stop when it is playing?  My husband was playing with my phone and the only way he could get the music to stop was to push pause.  When I am working, I want stop not pause.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I turn off music when it is playing? My husband was playing with it and we couldn't get it to stop unless he just pushed pause. I want stop not pause when I am working.
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is not a good way to do this.  I have no idea why, but it's a common problem.  What I find works best is I switch to a video and play that briefly.  This breaks the Song's connection with the volume header and should do the trick.

0 Likes
Re: How do I turn off music when it is playing? My husband was playing with it and we couldn't get it to stop unless he just pushed pause. I want stop not pause when I am working.
radiv2
Enthusiast - Level 1

just go back to start screen...

Re: How do I turn off music when it is playing?  My husband was playing with it and we couldn't get it to stop unless he just pushed pause.  I want stop not pause when I am working.
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope.  Phone sometimes just starts playing music when disconnecting or connecting Bluetooth.  There is a free app called stop the music that helps. But it's really a pain.

smilesdl

Hi,

This is  common issue with several phones.  A way that works is to download a free app from the store, one of them is call 1 Stop Clear, you place it in a tile in your start screen and when you want to stop the player, hit stop and it will stop. I find it very handy. There are a few similar to this one. I have tried others and work too.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Most of these phones you just hit Pause and then leave the app. The operating system does the rest once you are out of the App.

0 Likes
How do I turn off music when it is playing?  My husband was playing with it and we couldn't get it to stop unless he just pushed pause.  I want stop not pause when I am working.
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use "Stop the Music"  The other way to clear is to play a video, videos do not remain paused when you exit the app.

0 Likes
radiohero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pressing pause will work. After an undetermined amount of time, WP8 will automatically shut the app down. I've had my 822 since November, one of the selling points was that I wouldn't need to shut things down, as WP8 would do it for me. I actually use the aforementioned method on a regular basis, and it has worked every time.

I understand its not how you would usually do it, but WP is not your typical mobile OS. To me, the 'Pause and Exit' feature is excellent, as there are times I want to go right back to my music on a break...

Hope this clears up the lack of a stop option issue!

0 Likes
Dashgash

I use the app called "Stop The Music!"

0 Likes