How do I retrieve deleted text messages?
gramliz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I mistakenly deleted text messages that had info that I need.  Is there a way to retrieve them.....messages are from 1/27/14 to 2/16/14

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: how can i retrieve deleted text messages
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Did you have them backed up somewhere?

If not, then they are gone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

This FAQ applies to Nokia Lumia phones with Windows Phone 8.

When  you sign in with your Microsoft account (Windows Live) ID on your Lumia  phone, you can switch on the service that lets you automatically back  up your stuff to the cloud. You can access most of this data on your  computer, too. If you do not have a Microsoft Account, you can create  one at www.live.com, or using your phone. For more information, see the user guide of your phone.

Your  photos, videos, and office documents are backed up to SkyDrive cloud  storage. To access these files on your computer, go to www.skydrive.com.

Your  contacts and calendar will automatically sync with your Microsoft  account, to see your contacts, calendar, groups, and rooms on your  computer, go to www.live.com.

Your text messages,  call history, Internet Explorer favorites, most settings and app list  are backed up to the cloud, in case you ever need to restore them to  your phone.

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/lumia928/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA140243 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Did you have them backed up somewhere?

If not, then they are gone.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Did you have the text message backup enabled?

If you did you should be able to recover them from there.

0 Likes
gramliz
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes my text message backup is enabled....now how do I retrieve messages?

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

This FAQ applies to Nokia Lumia phones with Windows Phone 8.

When  you sign in with your Microsoft account (Windows Live) ID on your Lumia  phone, you can switch on the service that lets you automatically back  up your stuff to the cloud. You can access most of this data on your  computer, too. If you do not have a Microsoft Account, you can create  one at www.live.com, or using your phone. For more information, see the user guide of your phone.

Your  photos, videos, and office documents are backed up to SkyDrive cloud  storage. To access these files on your computer, go to www.skydrive.com.

Your  contacts and calendar will automatically sync with your Microsoft  account, to see your contacts, calendar, groups, and rooms on your  computer, go to www.live.com.

Your text messages,  call history, Internet Explorer favorites, most settings and app list  are backed up to the cloud, in case you ever need to restore them to  your phone.

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/lumia928/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA140243 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question gramliz! Do you have messages backed up to any application? This would be the only way to retrieve once deleted. However, you may be able to view if you've signed up for Verizon Messages. If you have, you can sign in and possibly view. Here are details on Verizon Messages: http://vz.to/Nfij1T

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sbrittjck18

they should back up every hour to the cloud

0 Likes