How do I get the Bing icon back after an update?
Harr2

I updated my Nokia 928 today.  Before the update, I pressed the search icon on the phone to get me to the Bing icon.  That allowed me to click on an "eye" icon to use the camera to copy text and paste as editable text. Now, after the update, Cortana comes up and I can't find the Bing icon that allowed me to use the camera function to copy and OCR text.  I use this feature many times a day.  How can I get this feature back? How can I undo the "update" ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nokia 928 update to Denim
wphelperrr
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can download the following app to pin the Bing Vision:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tile-for-bing-vision/05894022-e18c-40a4-a6cc-992383aa7ee...

Or launch the camera, go to Lenses and select bing vision. There is a UserVoice currently to have them put the vision back into Cortana.

Or as others suggested, turn off location (you can set it in the action center as a toggle) then hit the search button (turn on location) then bing vision as you wish.

Final option is to go to settings > applications > cortana

Turn her off, reboot the phone and now your search button will be like the old one, minus Scout and pivot for the bing screen.

View solution in original post

Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

just go to your phones location settings and turn off your location services and your Bing search will return to normal. But doing so also disables Cortana.

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

That may have been the way you knew to do this previously, but that seems like way to many steps to do such a task. Not that Julius is wrong, but don't do what Julius said above as it will as Julius said, disable Cortana. So I am interested what you mean by "use the camera function to copy and OCR text", are you talking about "office lens"? If so it will be much easier to just put a office lens live tile on the start screen. But if there is some feature that I didn't use that was a part of the old difficult to use Bing search page where you had to press with your thumb way up at the top of the phone with the search box at the top of the screen, then go find an app in the app store that does OCR with the camera.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Harr2, we want you to have the best experience possible. Did you download a 3rd party Bing application to your device? Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the update? I apologize that you will be unable to remove the update.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wphelperrr
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can download the following app to pin the Bing Vision:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tile-for-bing-vision/05894022-e18c-40a4-a6cc-992383aa7ee...

Or launch the camera, go to Lenses and select bing vision. There is a UserVoice currently to have them put the vision back into Cortana.

Or as others suggested, turn off location (you can set it in the action center as a toggle) then hit the search button (turn on location) then bing vision as you wish.

Final option is to go to settings > applications > cortana

Turn her off, reboot the phone and now your search button will be like the old one, minus Scout and pivot for the bing screen.