How do I disable my voicemail password?
perfectlygrand
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi~

I've read on the forums that the way to make it so you don't need to enter your voicemail password every time is to program your voicemail number to have a double pause (supposedly "p", "p") between your phone number and your password. (example:  234-234-2345pp1234) That way your password is automatically transmitted along with your phone number and you don't have to enter it manually.  However, I can't do that as my voicemail number is not my actual telephone number - verizon has set it up as *86. On top of that it is not explained how to insert a "p" into the string.

Anyone know how this can be achieved?  I'm using a Samsung ATIV SE windows phone.

Charles

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I disable my voicemail password?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Use a comma (,) for a pause; 234-234-2345,,,1234

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Create a contact called Voicemail.  If there is already a contact called Voicemail, then edit that contact,as it probably has the *86 number.  You can replace that with

*86,,XXXX# (add the "#" to the end of your passcode).  OR

Your10-digitnumber,,XXXX#

Just FYI - *86 works within your home area only.  If you are in an extended network area, or roaming, or visting family out of state, etc, then you need to dial your full 10-digit number to access your voicemail.  I typically will use my full number for the voicemail contact number; it works in your home area as well, so regardless of where you are, it works.  *86 won't always work.

perfectlygrand
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, the Samsung ATIV SE Windows phones does not allow for "," as

far as I can tell.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Press and hold the '.' character on the numeric keypad  and you should get an option for the ',' .  If it won't let you change the default voicemail contact, then create a new contact, call it something other than voicemail, and set it to a speedial other than 1.

0 Likes
curtisrs

THANK YOU

0 Likes