Help! My Lumia 928 is stuck in headphone mode!
Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Lumia 928 is stuck on headphone mode. Even after Soft AND Hard Resets, EQ is active and I can change presets with headphones unplugged.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help! My Lumia 928 is stuck in headphone mode!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with your phone. The hard reset would usually fix your issue. Is the phone damaged? Are you using any music applications that may be affecting the phone? I recommend taking your phone to a store location to have a physical evaluation. Here is a link to our store locations in your area http://bit.ly/3SdsA . Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is my 3rd Lumia 928 in 4 months. My 2 previous 928s had the same problem. I've been on numerous tech support calls. They say Nokia is built tough and never heard of this issue. So I've got sent replacement Certified Like New 928s. My 3rd and current phone, 2nd replacement Certified Like New Device, I got last month (November). Last week, no sound from earpiece hardware after unplugging my earphones again (3rd time). Last week tech support asked me to verify if I could adjust EQ and Headphone settings while earphones are not plugged in because audio settings are only adjustable when earphones are plugged in. When I said yeah, he said my phone is stuck in headphone mode and needed  to be replaced for the 3rd time. I like this phone, but it's inconvenient to reinstall and restart settings, apps, documents, etc. I was wondering if this issue is software related so I could download an update instead of restarting with a new device?

jimfix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem as Julius. I haven't even sent back my second phone yet, the third one broke within hours of me opening it. Pretty unbelievable. I really do like this phone, but this shouldn't be a problem. Headphones have been going into cell phones for over a decade now, how does this happen? I have my fourth phone on the way to me. I'm afraid to use the headphones on this phone in the future. Getting tired of swapping them out. I'm going to have to look into breaking my lease and going with a carrier who can provide a phone that works.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional details Julius,

I can certainly understand how this is a major concern! I did a deep dive and double checked and as mentioned this isn't a known concern. Have you used the same headset each time? Perhaps a different headset? Keep in mind having the store location evaluate will definitely assist.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Three replacement devices is way too many! I can understand how frustrating it can be to receive replacement after replacement. I understand a phone is currently on it's way to to you. Feel free to reach out to us if you continue to experience difficulties with your device.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

1 - Verizon asks same questions all the time. Our answers seems to be the same all the time. 2 - No Answer? So Verizon replaces our Brand New Device with a Certified "Like New" Device hoping to solve the problem. 3 -  Not knowing The Answer, we all plug in a headphone / headset / aux cable etc. into our phones 3.5 mm Jack  thinking our 2nd phone is working, which did for everyone with this same problem. UNTIL WE UNPLUG IT FROM THE JACK - "OUR PHONE IS STUCK IN HEADSET MODE". 4 - "GO BACK TO STEP 1?" Most of us have gone through these steps. This is my 3rd time, and I'm back to step 1 with the same questions, answers, and steps? MY 4TH PHONE IS ON IT'S WAY. Very inconvenient Verizon! Does Verizon give away 3.5 mm jack plugs so that we don't encounter this problem again? That's my answer! What's yours Verizon? Please no direct messaging. We all want to see Your Answer!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Julius,
I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with your phone. It sounds like help is on the way with your replacement.  We are confident that this will fix the issue.  If you have any further trouble with your device, please feel free to reach out to us.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Woolu

I'm having this exact same issue. I got my phone on NYE so I've only had it for 3 days now. I can't believe this. After reading so many problems w/ this same exact issue on the internet, Im going to take this back and exchange for an Android phone. I'm really disappointed because I like this phone, but I'm not going to get stuck w/ a "pre-certified" phone a month from now because Verizon wont replace the phone w/ a new one, even when its an obvious problem w/ the phone. This happened to me last time and I got stuck w/ a crappy precertified phone, so Im not going to fall for that trick again.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have seen this problem with Nokia phones going back to before smart phones really took off. I never experienced it but I have read posts of both AT&T and this forum of Nokia phones as far back as their first ones that had B&W screens and came with Snake installed and where you couldn't even install additional content. I don't know if Nokia gets their 3.5 mm headphone jacks from some no name company or what. As for software updates Windows Phone 8 GDR3 is available from Microsoft but you have to install the preview for developers app and register to be a windows phone developer. The developer version does not include firmware updates from Nokia. If you decide to do this keep the following in mind:  1. Once you install the preview version of GDR3 you CANNOT go back to the verizon/Nokia sanctioned GDR2.  2. Doing this will most likely void your warranty from Nokia and/or verizon including the TEC by Asurion. 3. You may experience bugs such as slow performance, crashes, and other issues associated with beta software.

0 Likes