Re: HTC Trophy
RobHudson

I am encountering the same issue as hometownnerd.  Applied the Mango update, and now I do not have a data connection.

Any word from VZW on this issue?

0 Likes
PhilMaloy

Same here...my wife's phone worked for about 24 hours and now no data option. Tried reprogramming - no good; tried updating the roaming - no good; heard the HTC Connection Setup app was problematic - uninstalled - no good - reinstalled and not get an error saying the service provider is not in the database - not good; restarted the phone several times - no good.

What gives...what is going on here?

VZW...please help.

0 Likes
YukonJohn

I have same problem.  Took the phone to Verizon center.  They could not fix it.  Has to be a repair patch coming out from Verizon I assume or I have to reboot.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Trophy + Mango = BRICK
TechITGuy

The Mango update causes the following problem with HTC Trophy:

the Speaker system will intermittently stop working. The phone will go into Vibrate only mode. Once this has happened, music will not play, phone will not ring, calls cannot be answered AND any Bluetooth headset is rendered inoperable. The problem can be resolved ONLY by removing and replacing the battery. Since the error happens at any time with no apparent cause, there is no workaround until an update is provided. If you missed the wave of the latest update, then I recommend you NOT do the update until you see that this error is resolved.

After the update, the phone is a brick.

By the way, this forum is the LEAST USED of all the Windows 7 phone forums. I see no answers from Verizon for weeks on end. Prior messages about phone not working and waiting for an update seem to be still unresolved! This is normally considered unacceptable customer support. Normally, there would be some response within a week or so. Instead of waiting for an answer to the problem I describe, above, I will shop for a working phone from a company with customer service.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

I have a day1 HTC Trophy and as a developer have had early beta previews of Mango from Beta 1 all the way thru RC and the final RTM version that was pushed to everybody. My Trophy works beautifully so I'm not sure what to tell you about the bricking of your phone. My only suggestion would be to look to get a warranty replacement on it since it's clearly under a year old.

Regarding the lack of VZW support for WP7 that was evident from the day that the Verizon CTO said they weren't interested in WP7. I saw it coming then. Just walk in to any VZW store and ask about the Trophy; the reps give you a one-word answer and walk away - they could care less. If you post a question about a Droid you get a response before day's end, though.

Alas this is something we'll be dealing with until VZW realizes the revolution that's been started by WindowsPhone. Nokia's new hardware is going to blow everything out of the water and rumor has it VZW is going to be getting one. For now my recommendation for anybody w/ a windows phone (on any carrier) is to search & participate on useful forums like WPCentral, WMPowerUser, etc.

When I walk in to a VZW store and ask about HTC Trophy Accessories and am met with anything but "we don't have any *poof*" I'll change my post.

If anybody has any question about WindowPhone or the HTC Trophy please just contact me directly via these boards and I will help you out in record time (compared to VZW :smileywink:)

B

Aximtreo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the post; excellent offer. I hope a lot of Trophy owners start peppering this forum with questions about what's next for Verizon. Your hint of Nokia to Verizon is catching on on WPCentral and other forums. I hope it's true. Yesterday, a post on WMPoweruser said that the Lumia is selling out fast in Europe where the Nokia reputation is well known. One comment that caught my eye regarding the selling was that they were staying sold; meaning not many returns for disatisfaction or hardware problems.

I' have had my Trophy since intro and hope that by CES, we will know more about WP7 phones and Verizon. I **bleep** near changed carriers to get the HTC Titan. Would love a screen that size from Verizon.

Happy Holidays to all.

0 Likes
lcwiley

I got my HTC Trophy activated yesterday.  Researched this phone for 3 months.  Read all reviews.  Liked what I read.  Main negitive is the Verizon stores (Corp or Premier) that wasn't interested in the Trophy.  Sales person that activated my phone said she had never sold one.  Three questions and no answer, and she had never heard of the Mango update.  I just wanted to know if it was a wnd 7 or wnd 7.5.  Mine is a wnd 7.5.  Never had a smart phone till now so for works fine except cann't send a text message.  Sales person told me to go to Verizon.com/workshop.  All the stores I have been only one had a Trophy on display.  Was told to play with it for awhile so I walked out.  I understand microsoft is coming out with another phone next year, in the mean time I have to figure out the text problem.

LC

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

lcwiley wrote:

I got my HTC Trophy activated yesterday.  Researched this phone for 3 months.  Read all reviews.  Liked what I read.  Main negitive is the Verizon stores (Corp or Premier) that wasn't interested in the Trophy.  Sales person that activated my phone said she had never sold one.  Three questions and no answer, and she had never heard of the Mango update.  I just wanted to know if it was a wnd 7 or wnd 7.5.  Mine is a wnd 7.5.  Never had a smart phone till now so for works fine except cann't send a text message.  Sales person told me to go to Verizon.com/workshop.  All the stores I have been only one had a Trophy on display.  Was told to play with it for awhile so I walked out.  I understand microsoft is coming out with another phone next year, in the mean time I have to figure out the text problem.

LC

I'd suggest starting a new thread if you're looking for help with a problem in the future - you may get better response.  In the mean time, is it a matter that texting doesn't work, or that you don't know how to do it? 

Have you got your contacts into the phone?  If so, you can go to the messaging hub, tap the plus sign icon, and from there you can either type in a phone number (even if you don't have contacts loaded) or start typing a contact name.

Does that help, or is there more to your problem than I'm seeing?

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

lcwiley wrote:

LC

My advice on your sales experience would be to post about it at http://wptattletale.com/ - a site dedicated to reporting horrible sales locations & personnel for WP7 in an effort to help Microsoft focus their efforts on sales rep education.

I've never heard of somebody not being able to send a text message. I'd follow the other suggestion, and start a new thread about it so we can help you out.

0 Likes
BeemerRider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are we sure about that?  I've had the $15.00/150 MB Smartphone data plan for quite some time on my BlackBerry and then my Ozone.  I just ordered a Trophy.  The order confirmation page showed no change in the data plan.  An online chat confirmed that my current data plan would carry over to the Trophy as it's not a new number or account.

0 Likes