HTC Trophy Alarm Too Quiet
atom0s

I finally got my hands on an HTC Trophy after waiting like everyone else and one major thing I am displeased with is how quiet the alarm is. I've given it a few days just to see if its me needing to get used to it but every day it has yet to wake me up on time. Along with that, after waking up, the alarm isn't going off anymore (1-2 hours after what its set for) but the dismiss/snooze screen is still showing.

The alarm app gives no options to turn off the 'start low, get louder' option and just give us a forced volume setting. I personally am disappointed that the alarm is this underwhelming as I personally used my old phone frequently for alarms.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Trophy Alarm Too Quiet
C_DM
Is the phone lying screen up typically when the alarm goes off? The speaker is on the back (close to the top, next to the camera) from what I recall, so it might make a difference if the phone is screen/face down or face up.
0 Likes
mooreshelby
Enthusiast - Level 3

I personally love the alarms and how it starts quiet then gets louder. I do set the top of phone on my USB cable to prop it up just a bit to let the sound escape better from the speak on the back. 

-Shelby

0 Likes
Not applicable

I understand why a low alarm would be disappointing. Since you've had this issue, have you tried pulling the battery? Does the alarm seem louder the longer it goes? If you try hitting snooze or dismiss does it go away, or just stays on the screen?

0 Likes
atom0s

mooreshelby wrote:

I personally love the alarms and how it starts quiet then gets louder. I do set the top of phone on my USB cable to prop it up just a bit to let the sound escape better from the speak on the back. 

-Shelby

I personaly dislike it as my phone enjoys stopping the alarm itself after a few repaitions and then landing up not waking me up at all in the process. Making the part of the phone entirely useless to me and rather a big disappointment.

C_DM wrote:
Is the phone lying screen up typically when the alarm goes off? The speaker is on the back (close to the top, next to the camera) from what I recall, so it might make a difference if the phone is screen/face down or face up.

Yes, I lay the phone screen down when I go to sleep. I figured out the speaker on the front wasn't used after testing the alarm after the first night while the phone was sitting on my desk and continued to place it face down at night from then on. But still doesn't help.

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

I understand why a low alarm would be disappointing. Since you've had this issue, have you tried pulling the battery? Does the alarm seem louder the longer it goes? If you try hitting snooze or dismiss does it go away, or just stays on the screen?

Why is this the solved answer? This does not fix my problem or even remotely have to do with it in the first place. How is removing the battery going to help? Then the phone wont even be on... 

Yes the alarm slowly gets lower as it is designed but it just stops itself (noise wise) after a short period it does not continue to go off until I do something. The screen still shows the Dismiss / Snooze panel but the alarm has stopped entirely.

Please don't mark this solved because it clearly is not. :smileysad:

0 Likes
atom0s

Here is a new issue now with the alarm apparently. For two days straight the alarm has not even gone off now.

No sound, no screen message (dismiss / snooze message), nothing. Just completely didn't go off.

Yes, the alarm is on.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

atom0s wrote:

Here is a new issue now with the alarm apparently. For two days straight the alarm has not even gone off now.

No sound, no screen message (dismiss / snooze message), nothing. Just completely didn't go off.

Yes, the alarm is on.

I understand your frustrations with getting your Alarm to sound and work as it should!  The previous VZWSupport Rep, Marquia, made a suggestion for troubleshooting your alarm issue, which was a basic troubleshooting step that could resolve a number of device issues & quirks.  She suggested trying a battery pull, in which the battery would only need to be out of your device for approximately 10-15 seconds, to see if this would resolve the alarm sound issue.

Smartphones are like miniature computers, and like computers, need to be reset or refreshed every now & then due to the cached data they hold.  This is easily done by performing a soft reset of the device, removing & reinserting the battery.

If that hasn't resolved it, I would like for you to check the Ringtone & Sounds Settings in the Setting menu.  This would be done by (from the Home Screen) Swiping left, Tap Settings, Tap Ringtones & Sounds and at the bottom under "Play a sound for:" ensure that "Appointment Reminders" & "All other notifications" are checked.

Let me know how this works for you!

0 Likes
atom0s

Uhg.. forget it, just like every other tech forum the responses are useless. I'll just directly contact Microsoft about the problem.

0 Likes