HTC One(M8) for Windows
Cyberpunk_Eevee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm looking at getting the windows version of the HTC One. I know the specs, I know it's 8.1 out of the box, and importantly for me, I know it has an SD Card slot. Beyond that, what I need are user experience tales(positive and negative) of the phone, the application center(App store/google play/etc), battery life, usage, etc. If you have it, how is XLTE? Tell me what you like, what you hate, what you've experienced regarding the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One(M8) for Windows
primortal
Master - Level 1

Before you take the plunge into Windows Phone you might want to peruse the Windows Phone Store, http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/ and see if the apps you use the most are there and can live with the ones not listed.

Unfortunately right now the Windows Phone Store only has apps; videos and music are purchased via XBOX Video/Music.

IMHO user experience is much better in Windows Phone than Andrio or iPhone; granted the features are on par but are missing a few bells and whistles here and there.  Once you get used to the Live Tiles you cannot live without them

Cyberpunk_Eevee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll check that when I can. I'll also have to look into WinPhone development for any basic apps I need that aren't available.

I'm not too concerned with the limited apps/music/video selection. How is it at interfacing with a Win8.1 desktop/laptop?

Another question: How was the switch from your previous platform? Did you come from iPhone or Android?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Interfacing with your desktop is pretty easy.  You can use the Windows Phone metro app, Windows Phone app for Windows in the Windows Store then you can manage files like music, videos and photos.

Was always a Windows Phone/Mobile user.  Dabbled in Andriod and iPhone but never had them as a primary phone.