HTC One M8 crashes when uploading large files
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

This morning, I tried to upload two large-ish video files (185MB and 159MB) from my M8 to my OneDrive over my secure home wifi. The files appeared to upload, then my phone locked up and rebooted.The files did appear on my OneDrive a few minutes later.

This evening, I checked my data usage and saw it was WAY higher than it should have been. The culprits were two sessions from this morning, one for 185MB and the other for 159MB, both after I started uploading those videos.

So, it appears that my M8 not only didn't upload the files over wifi as I had told it to, and it crashed when it uploaded them over cellular, which I have explicitly disabled in my Storage Sense and OneDrive app settings. I don't see anyone else with this problem when I search, either here or on the interwebs in general. What exactly happened?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 crashes when uploading large files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to have a working device coinneachfitzpatrick. I love using OneDrive. I do know sometimes if the Wi-Fi fails that it will then be backed up by our network. In order to prevent that from happening you can turn off your cellular data on your device. You can do this by going to Settings>Mobile data and you can turn it off. I do know your device is not suppose to crash after you try to upload a video. Is your software http://spr.ly/6589BEGPl updated? Does this happen on every video or file? Have you tried to upload a picture to see if it fails and reboots?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes