Re: HTC One M8 Windows Phone Headphone Jack Not Recognizing When Plugged Into
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@PHOENIXAUDUBON

You have been awesome through this process. I think it's time to look at this from a deeper perspective. How long have you owned the phone? Is there any physical or liquid damage? I sent you a Private Message as well. Please respond there. 

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PHOENIXAUDUBON

I did end up trying it, and so did the store associate, but it didn't help.

0 Likes
PHOENIXAUDUBON

@vzw_customer_support I have had the phone a little over a year, I think.  I may have accidentally dropped the phone once or twice, but there is no noticeable physical damage, and I have never spilled anything on it.

So, I finally got the chance to take to a Verizon store.  Unfortunately, the associate said he couldn't do much for me.  I didn't have an extended warranty on it, and HTC's warranty also just recently ran out.  The only option he had was to buy back the phone for about $100, which included some promotion.  However, I still owe more than $100 on the phone as it is.

As of this point, the phone is having more problems than just headphones.  Now, the Dot View cover I have no longer activates Dot View when I close the cover, even though Dot View is still turned on (I never turned it off).  Also, I'm finding that when I plug a power cord in it, it sometimes won't recognize there's a power cord in it.  I have gone to bed with my phone plugged in, only to have it nearly discharged in the morning.  Or, I can hear the charging sound multiple times in succession, until I either jiggle the plug or the phone reboots.

These problems are becoming a huge hassle, but my phone is only 58% paid off.  I'm not sure what I can do at this point...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes