HTC One M8 Windows Phone Headphone Jack Not Recognizing When Plugged Into
PHOENIXAUDUBON

Hello,

For a couple of weeks, the headphone jack on my phone no longer recognizes any headphones I plug into them.  I tried this with the headphone/mic pair that came with the phone, as well as with a pair of stereo headphones.  In both cases, the volume control does not change to headphones, and when I try to listen to the radio, it gives me the message that "headphones need to be plugged in to act as an antenna."  These headphones work when I plug them into, say, a laptop.

I have to use the radio app at work, since my work tends to block most streaming websites.  I have tried running a cotton swab through there, but it still doesn't work.  Does anyone else have any ideas before I try and make time to go into a VZW store?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 Windows Phone Headphone Jack Not Recognizing When Plugged Into
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a blast of canned air yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PHOENIXAUDUBON

Not yet; that'll have to wait until I get home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PHOENIXAUDUBON, we will get the music playing again on your headphones. Have you updated your software recently or added any new apps? Is there any physical damage to your phone or headphones?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PHOENIXAUDUBON

Ann154 Okay, I tried the canned air yesterday, but it did not help.

0 Likes
PHOENIXAUDUBON

Verizon Wireless Customer Support I haven't updated the phone OS in a long time, I can't recall exactly when.  I haven't added any apps as of lately, either.  The headphone are fine; I plugged them into my laptop, and they get sound just fine.  Other than a few scratches on the body, the phone itself looks fine.  I haven't dropped it in some time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PHOENIXAUDUBON

I would be concerned too if my phone were behaving like this. When you try to play sound through a different app (such as YouTube or Netflix) does the sound play through the speaker when the headphones are plugged in? Do you have any system updates that can be installed?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PHOENIXAUDUBON

Verizon Wireless Customer Support I just played a couple of YouTube videos (from the browser, since there is no YT app for Windows Phone), and even with the headphones plugged in, the sound came through the phone speaker.
When I checked for updates, my phone says it is up to date.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A factory default might work. If not, a trip to the VZW store to have the phone checked out would be my next step. If there is a Microsoft Store in the area, they could check the phone too.

0 Likes
dmoney13

Have you tried different kinds of headphones, I have had the same problem with multiple htc one M8s and I've been able to use headphones with two rings on the jack but not ones with three.

0 Likes