HTC 8x failing to connect with wifi and restarting unprompted.
JeffMats

Ever since I updated to the latest firmware, my WiFi connectivity has been inconsistent and over data connections unreliable.  I was hoping the update would also fix an SMS issue I was seeing where I would have to press SEND 2-3 times before it will send.  I have done a factory reset and the problem is no better (maybe even worse?).  Now my phone is starting to randomly restart.

Is there any way to go back to the older firmware?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 8x failing to connect with wifi and restarting unprompted.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeffMats,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having with a variety of things. We want to get each one of those functions working again. From your home screen slide to the right and select settings. Touch cellular and ensure that "Mode selection is set to LTE/CDMA. Power off the phone and reseat your SIM card: http://vz.to/1tdOotu . Retest all functions and let us know how it is working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
njwebfoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem with WiFi for the past month or so.  I've used up half my data because the phone will not connect to WiFi when I'm out of town.  It either says it's connected and then does NOTHING or it won't connect at all and I constantly get the message "Having problem getting data."  Just now, it wouldn't even connect to my home WiFi and I'm in my house just around the corner from the router and my computer is on.  It said, "No network could be found?"   What is up with this phone???  This is my second HTC Windows 8X phone and I've had nothing but problems with it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

njwebfoot,

Oh no! That's definitely a concern, I can see why you're frustrated; I apologize for the problems you've been having. Let's work on this and get to the bottom of this. Can other devices connect to your home wi-fi? Please remove the wi-fi connections saved on your phone and re-add them. Keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
njwebfoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks AdaS, I did what you suggested and it still does the same thing.  I've had nothing but problems with this SECOND HTC Windows 8 phone, as well as the WIFi issues that everyone else has been talking about the last few months.  Everything was fine with WiFi until this summer, when something obviously happened either with HTC, Windows or Verizon.  I'll be dumping the phone in a few months and will also be considering another cell phone provider as well.  I've been with Verizon ever since the first cell phones came out on the market, and I've never had any problems with Verizon until I bought this particular phone, and then with the WiFi issues that started a couple of months ago.  I've been reading recently of others having WiFi issues with phones other than this HTC phone, so I'm thinking it's not a phone problem, rather a Verizon problem?  I have a 2 GB plan, and ever since I got this phone, I never even came close to using 1GB in a month, until this summer.  Something happened and nobody seems to want to fix it... Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

njwebfoot we'll get to the bottom of this! Your business means everything to us and we don't want you to consider switching to another provider. Has there been any changes to the device since this issue started such as new apps?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes